Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the performance brakes a good idea for daily driving?

My thought is the upgraded brakes would be worthwhile for tracking, but otherwise a waste of cash. Opinions??

Just ordered mine and can still add them.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Are the performance brakes a good idea for daily driving?

My thought is the upgraded brakes would be worthwhile for tracking, but otherwise a waste of cash. Opinions??

Just ordered mine and can still add them.
Only difference is the 2 piece rotors

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are iighter than all steel rotors, so less rolling resistance. In theory, they should be cheaper to service because you are you’d only need to replace the steel ring, but according to my dealership service rep, they only replace the entire unit. But you can find the rings outside the dealership.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I’m still confused. I understand the unsprung weight etc but is this a worthwhile $1295 option? I just assumed when ordering this was more a tracking thing than of any real advantage for daily driving. I can like still add them since my order went in Saturday.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,573 Posts
I’m still confused. I understand the unsprung weight etc but is this a worthwhile $1295 option? I just assumed when ordering this was more a tracking thing than of any real advantage for daily driving. I can like still add them since my order went in Saturday.
Unless you plan on racing on the track and wanting better heat shedding capabilities I don't see the point. The "standard" brakes on mine are more than powerful enough to reach incipient wheel lock and activate the ABS. Any brake "power" beyond what it takes to reach incipient lock and activate the ABS is power you can't use, the ABS will simply reject it.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
$1295 isn't too bad when aftermarket are $2000

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided to pass on the perf brakes. I'm usually allin for extras, but everythign I've read I could see much value for daily around town driving, particularly with how solid the standard BREMBOs are....thanks everyone for the inputs!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My new 2018 came with the performance brakes, call me crazy but it feels more responsive than my 2016 did. There is quite a weight difference between the rotors so I could be feeling the unpsrung weight savings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts