Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
840 Posts
For our newer OBD2 vehicles there really aren't any "Chips" out there that will actually do anything for performance. At best they trick the computer into thinking the it is running lean so that it will add more fuel.

If your 2013 is 'Fly-by-Wire', There is something out there called a Throttle Commander. It doesn't add any more power but it remaps the throttle input for better performance.
Or even better, because your 2013 does not have a locked PCM, you could try something like the Diablo Tuner. Which would remap you fuel and timing to give you better performance and in most cases, better fuel economy.

I would check out the tread here: Diablo Tuner on a 2013 JGC 3.6L

Good information here from Hemifever

·
Registered
6 Posts
For our newer OBD2 vehicles there really aren't any "Chips" out there that will actually do anything for performance. At best they trick the computer into thinking the it is running lean so that it will add more fuel.

If your 2013 is 'Fly-by-Wire', There is something out there called a Throttle Commander. It doesn't add any more power but it remaps the throttle input for better performance.
Or even better, because your 2013 does not have a locked PCM, you could try something like the Diablo Tuner. Which would remap you fuel and timing to give you better performance and in most cases, better fuel economy.

I would check out the tread here: Diablo Tuner on a 2013 JGC 3.6L

Good information here from Hemifever
Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the products you mentioned and thinking about it. Wish I could have afforded a V8 lol but probably better off considering the current price of fuel.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Is there an actual performance chip for a 2013 Grand Cherokee 3.6 that works. Seems there are a lot of false claims on these products.
Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the products you mentioned and thinking about it. Wish I could have afforded a V8 lol but probably better off considering the current price of fuel.
You have two accounts on here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts