Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
261 Posts
Regarding earlier posts on this topic in this thread—

Was just reading online that older iPhones (4/5) must be updated to specific newer versions of iOS before Nov 3 in order to maintain accurate GPS location and continue using the App Store, iCloud, email and web browsing, according to Apple.

Sounds like the current rushed/required Uconnect OTA update for RA3/RA4 units is entirely legit, fixing a known issue impacting some older GPS HW. Question remains if they absolutely won’t provide the update via thumb drive.

Edit: Just checked Uconnect and the 18.45.01 update is now downloadable. I uploaded it to sox’s share site.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
8 Posts
Just upgraded from 21.9 to 22.5 and then to 22.6 with no issues. Appears snappier. I thought it was interesting the Software version nor the BootMicro version updated. Only the application version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new to this forum.

I am going to install UAQ on my GC 2017 limited. Anyone knows what is the latest part# for the compatible USB hub? and do we need this upgrade for android devices.

I am not planning to use Apple CarPlay in near future and can skip the USB hub if that is not required.

Looking at this Infotainment UAQ installation video at 8:40 - he is still using the old USB hub for android device and was able to use most of the feature in this video

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have a UAQ that I bought a couple years ago from bestdealsken on eBay. I think it was from a compass. It still works fine, even have sirius still. I haven't followed this thread in a while. My application version that came with it was 22.5 and software version is 18.33.24. I see there is a 22.6 now? If so, has anyone tried it for radios that were not original GC radios? Can someone PM me the link to download? Thanks

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
261 Posts
I have a UAQ that I bought a couple years ago from bestdealsken on eBay. I think it was from a compass. It still works fine, even have sirius still. I haven't followed this thread in a while. My application version that came with it was 22.5 and software version is 18.33.24. I see there is a 22.6 now? If so, has anyone tried it for radios that were not original GC radios? Can someone PM me the link to download? Thanks
My $0.02 - Recommend you stick with 22.5, it’s a solid version...unless you have a quirky problem with it you’re trying to fix. Wait for the 28.3 (or newer) update.

Check a few pages back in the thread, I posted the link and credentials to Sox’s shared drive where we’ve been posting the zip files.

1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts