Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1270 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
18 Posts
Right now I only see screens only as well. You can look at Dodge Ram also but a lot of those say faded screen. You have be patient as I was looking for about a week before I found one in good condition.

·
Registered
2014 CRD WK2
108 Posts
Right now I only see screens only as well. You can look at Dodge Ram also but a lot of those say faded screen. You have be patient as I was looking for about a week before I found one in good condition.
Ok thanks for they help

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
118 Posts
Per the Infotainment.com looks like the UAQ is backordered with no ETA, Has anyone purchased one recently, if so would you mind sharing where?
For what it's worth when I ordered mine in late-2018, the site at the time also said "backordered" and I placed an order anyway because I was in no rush. It shipped a couple of days later. So I think Infotainment may get small quantities in at a time, and if you wait for them to get enough in to change the website it may take longer than it needs to.

·
Registered
2014 CRD WK2
108 Posts
What model Jeep are you trying to install this in, and where did you get your replacement radio? Your picture is NOT the back of the UAQ unit I installed in my 2016 GC. It is missing the first (far left) cable plug. Only the contacts are visible and the plug connector is missing, possibly broken off. In fact all your pictured plugs are different colors than the UAQ units I have seen.

The wiring from your vehicle should connect as shown in the attached photo:

View attachment 222822
I have see the question posed a few time but haven't seen an answer... Does anyone know what the small black rectange port is above the grey square? Also do not all round ports get used?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can anyone share the link and password to the site that has all the uconnect software versions for download. It’s not the uconnect site but some guys. Thanks

·
Premium Member
343 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welp... looks like SXM may have gotten wise.... got in the car today, and when I started it up, the UAQ flashed a msg, “updating subscription”, then went into demo mode. Installed my UAQ on 12-9-18, so it looks like I got 1 year and 7 months (to the day) of comp’ed/intro service.

Anyone else, who installed in 2018, seeing the same?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can anyone confirm or deny that their free intro subscription also ended recently? I installed a new unit (not a used/pre-owned one).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I just upgraded my 2015 eco diesel limited to a 2018 uaq 4c and data hub. It works great but has software 18.23.29 and maps 17Q2.

If I upgrade to the 22.26 will my maps be reverted to the old data or be lost.

just trying to figure out if it’s better to keep what I have or do the update.

·
Registered
2014 CRD WK2
108 Posts
Just getting around to installing my uaq... just wanted to confirm that the blue connector is not used?

·
Registered
2014 CRD WK2
108 Posts
So I just installed a new UAQ unit and the 4c Wiring harness from Infotainment.. currenlty I don't have the headed/vented seat options or the heated steering wheel and my back up camrea doesn't show when I go in reverse. Those of you who have done this with 14 my how long many "sleeps" did it take or do I have a bad wire harness.

Update: All system are functioning after sleeping for 16 hrs... didn't think it would take that long

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Limited 5.7L
15 Posts
I managed to score a great deal on a UAQ that I'm planning on installing in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (coming from RA3). I'm currently in the process of grabbing the additional prerequisites for installation and had a question about the Infotainment 4C Retrofit Interface that's required to retain heated/ventilated seats and steering wheel functions. Can the forced CAN messages from the BCM to new radio (what the Infotainment 4C Interface does) be programmed using something like Appcar DiagFCA rather than this wiring interface?

I don't mind purchasing the interface harness (if necessary), but having some past experience installing car audio, I'd like to avoid adding additional connectors/points of possible failure between the vehicle and the UAQ if at all possible.

Question for bonus points 😁: Does adding the LTE2 cell antenna offer any additional benefits over not having them in a vehicle that was originally equipped with 3G?
The antenna I am referring to is part number 68323160AA.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 CRD WK2
108 Posts
For what it is worth... I bought a new UAQ from the dealership and I am currently getting all Sat radio channels and my hotspot works.. We will see how long these last

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Limited 5.7L
15 Posts
For what it is worth... I bought a new UAQ from the dealership and I am currently getting all Sat radio channels and my hotspot works.. We will see how long these last
This is interesting. It looks like you have a 2014 WK2, have you verified that you're getting true LTE download/upload speeds through the wireless hotspot?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased a 2017 Overland a couple of weeks ago and as I pulled out of the dealership, I plugged my phone in expecting CarPlay on the screen. To my surprise, no CarPlay. My 2017 300S has CarPlay so I assumed the 2017 Overland had it as well and never bothered to check. Immediately began googling and stumbled on this thread. After reading every page, I decided to go with a new factory radio from Mopar because they were cheaper than Infotainment. Tried several Mopar sites only to have my order canceled because the radio was backordered with no ETA. Found the part numbers below on eBay for much more than listed below. Still cheaper than Infotainment. I messaged the seller to ensure the parts were in stock and ready to ship. The person I was chatting with told me to call Dallas Dodge and ask for internet parts. Called them and they verified they had 3 radios in stock at their warehouse.

The eBay listing pointed to mymoparparts.com so I searched the site for the part numbers below and the price for the radio was $400 cheaper than the eBay listing. Placed the order and the parts arrived yesterday. Took about 8 days to arrive.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68306656AR​
Radio-Multi Media​
$931.69​
1​
$931.69​
68323663AE​
Hub Media Center​
$109.35​
1​
$109.35​

Install took about 30 minutes start to finish. Super easy install. Everything was there and working when I started it up, including the off road pages. I can select the WiFi on my phone and the weather, gas, sports apps all work.

i decided to update the software to v22.5 and then to v22.6. The radio arrived with v18.20.2e and the sound was a bit muddy. The sound was not good on 22.5 either. Too much bass. The sound on 22.6 is great. Time will tell if there are any issues with this version. Should also mention that I upgraded the factory speakers to the recommended Infinty Reference while waiting for the radio to arrive. Couldn’t be happier with the sound.

If you’re thinking about swapping radios, I would highly suggest getting a brand new factory radio if you can find one. Infotainment doesn’t seem to be doing anything special other than sourcing used radios.
after reading all of it from the start. I decided to go to this route since its a lot cheaper most specially the radio (68306656AR) is on sale right now at allmoparparts.com at $867 brand new. I got a 14 SRT so had to order retrofit interface from Infotainment. just ordered all of them last night including the Media Hub (68323663AE) Does this come with an updated navigation and did you have any issues with the performance page? Also I have the stock premium sound and hoping it wont affect the sound quality or otherwise made it better.
Purchased a 2017 Overland a couple of weeks ago and as I pulled out of the dealership, I plugged my phone in expecting CarPlay on the screen. To my surprise, no CarPlay. My 2017 300S has CarPlay so I assumed the 2017 Overland had it as well and never bothered to check. Immediately began googling and stumbled on this thread. After reading every page, I decided to go with a new factory radio from Mopar because they were cheaper than Infotainment. Tried several Mopar sites only to have my order canceled because the radio was backordered with no ETA. Found the part numbers below on eBay for much more than listed below. Still cheaper than Infotainment. I messaged the seller to ensure the parts were in stock and ready to ship. The person I was chatting with told me to call Dallas Dodge and ask for internet parts. Called them and they verified they had 3 radios in stock at their warehouse.

The eBay listing pointed to mymoparparts.com so I searched the site for the part numbers below and the price for the radio was $400 cheaper than the eBay listing. Placed the order and the parts arrived yesterday. Took about 8 days to arrive.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68306656AR​
Radio-Multi Media​
$931.69​
1​
$931.69​
68323663AE​
Hub Media Center​
$109.35​
1​
$109.35​

Install took about 30 minutes start to finish. Super easy install. Everything was there and working when I started it up, including the off road pages. I can select the WiFi on my phone and the weather, gas, sports apps all work.

i decided to update the software to v22.5 and then to v22.6. The radio arrived with v18.20.2e and the sound was a bit muddy. The sound was not good on 22.5 either. Too much bass. The sound on 22.6 is great. Time will tell if there are any issues with this version. Should also mention that I upgraded the factory speakers to the recommended Infinty Reference while waiting for the radio to arrive. Couldn’t be happier with the sound.

If you’re thinking about swapping radios, I would highly suggest getting a brand new factory radio if you can find one. Infotainment doesn’t seem to be doing anything special other than sourcing used radios.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68306656AR​
Radio-Multi Media​
$931.69​
1​
$931.69​
68323663AE​
Hub Media Center​
$109.35​
1​
$109.35​

after reading all of it from the start. I decided to go to this route since its a lot cheaper most specially the radio (68306656AR) is on sale right now at allmoparparts.com at $867 brand new. I got a 14 SRT so had to order retrofit interface from Infotainment. just ordered all of them last night including the Media Hub (68323663AE) Does this come with an updated navigation and did you have any issues with it most specially on the performance page? Also I have the stock premium sound and hoping it wont affect the sound quality or otherwise made it better.

1181 - 1200 of 1270 Posts