Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for that info. Looks like it’s the same version on the map side. But SW version Is 18.20.2e so I may need to start downloading the 22.5 and then to 22.6 for it to stay on the current version.
Just so you are aware, the "Official Recommended" software for Grand Cherokees per the latest Service bulletin (attached) is v21.9. Others have installed the versions you mention without issues but I prefer to stay with the Official supported version. My new OEM unit shipped with this version installed despite having a much earlier built date than yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just so you are aware, the "Official Recommended" software for Grand Cherokees per the latest Service bulletin (attached) is v21.9. Others have installed the versions you mention without issues but I prefer to stay with the Official supported version. My new OEM unit shipped with this version installed despite having a much earlier built date than yours.
thats the first version i tried to install but its giving me the SW incompatibility msg. so i went ahead and tried 22.5 and 22.6 without any issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thats the first version i tried to install but its giving me the SW incompatibility msg. so i went ahead and tried 22.5 and 22.6 without any issues.
Had the same issue, had to do 22.6. Scared to go any higher as everything is working perfectly on that I can tell so far on the 22.6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the comparability issues with the 21.9 as well. Did y’all download the software from { Login | MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher } as well?
So it sounds like putting a 2018 radio in a pre 2018 Grand Cherokee is a bad idea and shit won't work. Not worth having all of those items not work only to gain some other minor features. That's about what I get out of the 62 pages of nothing working.

·
Registered
2014 Limited EcoDiesel
29 Posts
I still can‘t resolve my issue with my radio presets and stored phone clearing out. Tried with and without the personal settings linked to fob option. Stored to the memory settings on driver door. I actually stored both 1 and 2 all the same and linked both of my fobs and everything recalls just fine except the presets and connected phone all reset to default. Otherwise mine is holding up ok. I use CarPlay mostly with Sirius so I can still use my phone, but it’s frustrating. It only blows my presets and phone out after a power cycle. If I stay in the car and don’t open the door it recalls on the door button or fob properly. Once the door opens it’s done for. All other settings retain fine.

I’m also confused about my version since I keep seeing people talk about 20 something. My application version shows USA-ASO-8.4-JR-30.2.0-20190430-J0H9

And my software version line is 19.18.17

boot micro is 19.14.03

purchased in 2019 from best deals Ken

·
Registered
112 Posts
So it sounds like putting a 2018 radio in a pre 2018 Grand Cherokee is a bad idea and shit won't work. Not worth having all of those items not work only to gain some other minor features. That's about what I get out of the 62 pages of nothing working.
Not sure what you mean? My 2016 works perfectly with the UAQ (excluding the cellular stuff that was expected and that I didn’t use anyway)

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure what you mean? My 2016 works perfectly with the UAQ (excluding the cellular stuff that was expected and that I didn’t use anyway)

🤷‍♂️
The cellular stuff? Meaning the newer UAQ uses 4g and won't link up with the existing vehicle 3g?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would say that’s not correct. It’s true that update 21.9 does not work. But for me 22.5 and .6 worked like a charm and now everything including the WiFi 4G lte is working. So it’s a huge vin

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would say that’s not correct. It’s true that update 21.9 does not work. But for me 22.5 and .6 worked like a charm and now everything including the WiFi 4G lte is working. So it’s a huge vin
Just to clarify on the LTE WiFi situation, there are others who have written about this very early on in this thread about it, if the radio itself comes prevaricated from a different unit or so the LtE WiFi often works, often does not get disconnected etc. also my units off-road pages also started working after the 22.6 update.

Also the SiriusXM Guardian let’s me to go up to the activation page. But I never attempted to activate it, following the advice from others saying if you try to update it with the new vin the already activated package would often gets canceled or deactivated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The cellular stuff? Meaning the newer UAQ uses 4g and won't link up with the existing vehicle 3g?
Yes, I installed a brand new, never activated UAQ understanding the cellular connection would not work. Everything else works perfectly (including the year and a half of free trial on the SXM that only just recently expired).

I have not tried connecting a 4G antenna yet,but I’m tempted to try one from a 2018 (there are two antennas on the UAQ compared to my previous units single 3G antenna).

Btw, I’ve never heard of anyone not being able to get their settings to remain, once they have the RKE properly set (meaning the menu setting is set to remember settings for each key and then each key properly programmed)(also, the RKE System will remember unique settings independently for each individual key), so maybe you have a bad UAQ?

·
Registered
2014 Limited EcoDiesel
29 Posts
Yes, I installed a brand new, never activated UAQ understanding the cellular connection would not work. Everything else works perfectly (including the year and a half of free trial on the SXM that only just recently expired).

I have not tried connecting a 4G antenna yet,but I’m tempted to try one from a 2018 (there are two antennas on the UAQ compared to my previous units single 3G antenna).

Btw, I’ve never heard of anyone not being able to get their settings to remain, once they have the RKE properly set (meaning the menu setting is set to remember settings for each key and then each key properly programmed)(also, the RKE System will remember unique settings independently for each individual key), so maybe you have a bad UAQ?
Do you know if mine is actually a version 30 something or am I looking at the wrong line and it's actually 19.18.17??? I haven't seen anything with version 30.2.0 in the tsb's posted

software version is 19.18.17
application version USA-ASO-8.4-JR-30.2.0-20190430-J0H9
boot micro is 19.14.03

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you know if mine is actually a version 30 something or am I looking at the wrong line and it's actually 19.18.17??? I haven't seen anything with version 30.2.0 in the tsb's posted

software version is 19.18.17
application version USA-ASO-8.4-JR-30.2.0-20190430-J0H9
boot micro is 19.14.03
Looks like yours is Version 30.2
Mine after 22.6 update says
Software version 18.42.12
application version USA-IR-22.6.0 .....
Boot micro is 18.41.01

Is this UAV or UAQ ?
Haven’t heard anyone updating to 30 yet.
FCA recommends 21.9.
I did 22.6 as my unit was not accepting 21.9 due to vin conflicts.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Mine with out any antenna upgrade shows 4G. I believe even if there is a difference in the antenna itself the embedded sim/chip in the radio is what differentiates if you get 3g/4G .
I am getting 4G speed with no antenna upgrades.
If you can activate it (you might be able to since it’s new and is not linked to any other vin before) you will be getting same results I think.

·
Registered
2014 Limited EcoDiesel
29 Posts
Looks like yours is Version 30.2
Mine after 22.6 update says
Software version 18.42.12
application version USA-IR-22.6.0 .....
Boot micro is 18.41.01

Is this UAV or UAQ ?
Haven’t heard anyone updating to 30 yet.
FCA recommends 21.9.
I did 22.6 as my unit was not accepting 21.9 due to vin conflicts.
Supposed to be UAQ. Just googled the UAV and mine doesn't have the disassociated screen. Mine has the software that came with it, never updated by me. Is there a dealer mode section to confirm it actually says UAQ? I have a separate CarPlay app at the bottom of the screen from the "media" app button. In Media it's just AM/FM/USB.

I also noticed a lot of people post USA-IR whereas mine is USA-JR. Double checked and it's for sure USA-JR prefix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Supposed to be UAQ. Just googled the UAV and mine doesn't have the disassociated screen. Mine has the software that came with it, never updated by me. Is there a dealer mode section to confirm it actually says UAQ? I have a separate CarPlay app at the bottom of the screen from the "media" app button. In Media it's just AM/FM/USB.

I also noticed a lot of people post USA-IR whereas mine is USA-JR. Double checked and it's for sure USA-JR prefix.
Are you saying you don’t have separate radio and media? Usually it’s radio with am/fm/sxm
And media with usb/Bluetooth etc.

Or it might be just that there is a recent update that’s not much talked about in this thread. Edit:- (Seems there are posts about this update 30.2 some 10 pages back)

And of course there will be a CarPlay app(phone option changes to CarPlay when you connect your phone.)
If you don’t have disassociated display then you have uaq or the Canadian equivalent or the one without nav.

·
Registered
2014 Limited EcoDiesel
29 Posts
Are you saying you don’t have separate radio and media? Usually it’s radio with am/fm/sxm
And media with usb/Bluetooth etc.

Or it might be just that there is a recent update that’s not much talked about in this thread.

And of course there will be a CarPlay app(phone option changes to CarPlay when you connect your phone.)
If you don’t have disassociated display then you have uaq or the Canadian equivalent or the one without nav.
Correct my radio and media are merged into the same button. Been that way since I received the head unit. It has nav also. My sxm is expired and does not show in the radio/media button but it is listed in the apps if I go in there to subscribe. Here’s a pic I had to reference the version and you can see the bottom row. I didn’t have my phone plugged in so the phone button is displayed or it would say CarPlay instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys maybe you can help me make my decision, I have a 2017 jeep grand cherokee and I am looking to upgrade my nav radio to a UAQ radio with apple car play, if I am reading correctly, some of you are purchasing factory radios directly and having no issues, I know they changed the heads in 2019, so I would probably have to order a 2018 radio, has anyone done this recently, are there any issues with funcationality......thank you in advance

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
277 Posts
That’s right.... order a 2018 UAQ for your 2017 for direct plug and play. Whether brand new from Mopar or used or new from another online resource, we’re all having the same success. You can find the 2018 model number(s) in this thread. That’s plural because they increment the number by a set of letters. But ordering any one of them from Mopar should result in receiving the most current that they have.

2019 model head unit in a pre-2019 MY—still unsure of how easily can be dropped in. Any updates on your progress Scott?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys maybe you can help me make my decision, I have a 2017 jeep grand cherokee and I am looking to upgrade my nav radio to a UAQ radio with apple car play, if I am reading correctly, some of you are purchasing factory radios directly and having no issues, I know they changed the heads in 2019, so I would probably have to order a 2018 radio, has anyone done this recently, are there any issues with funcationality......thank you in advance
Ordering from the mopar sites is the best option and it will work like a charm. The only issue with that path is you may end up getting the orders canceled as has happened with many due to the back order.
There are so many orders that, as of around in July, when I tried to get a new unit, the whole part was back oredered until December. The status might have changed since then having most of the factories back open not just in US/Mexica as well in China.
If you cant then going ebay or salvage part might be the only option left for time being.

1221 - 1240 of 1277 Posts