Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1302 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordering from the mopar sites is the best option and it will work like a charm. The only issue with that path is you may end up getting the orders canceled as has happened with many due to the back order.
There are so many orders that, as of around in July, when I tried to get a new unit, the whole part was back oredered until December. The status might have changed since then having most of the factories back open not just in US/Mexica as well in China.
If you cant then going ebay or salvage part might be the only option left for time being.
Hey everyone. Since I no longer have my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee I still follow this group. I did the swap and ordered from infotainment.com in 2018....Anyhow, I have a friend that ordered his radio and hub from this website. He ordered his radio back on 27 August and they got an order of radios in today. Also, this is the cheapest you’ll pay from other Mopar sites. Order today if you can! P.S I now have a 2018 Dodge Charger with the UAQ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the responses, what is the difference in the part numbers ? Are there certain part numbers for certain VIN's, NAV etc.?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Nav now on my stock radio, but how would I get that on a new radio, have the have the dealer unlock it for a price, or is there a certain model number radio Id have to order.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Nav now on my stock radio, but how would I get that on a new radio, have the have the dealer unlock it for a price, or is there a certain model number radio Id have to order.
the difference in the last two alphabet is based on the time its build. I think if you order the model with nav the latest build is what they are going to ship. I remember reading somewhere that UAQ maps can't be dealer activated like before and you will need to order the correct part (the radio) with the nav.
As far as I know the 68306656AR is with nav

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it true, ill need a code to unlock this new radio? I just ordered both , the radio and the hub.
It should not ask you to input if it’s new from Mopar, anti theft code is usually required when you salvage from a different vehicle.
Even if it’s asking for the code you can contact the Mopar store from where you purchased or your dealer they will usually do it free based on your standing with them.
Again if that does not help there are a number of eBay sellers who provide this service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the difference in the last two alphabet is based on the time its build. I think if you order the model with nav the latest build is what they are going to ship. I remember reading somewhere that UAQ maps can't be dealer activated like before and you will need to order the correct part (the radio) with the nav.
As far as I know the 68306656AR is with nav
Do you know if buying this part number (with NAV) will then include NAV when installed in a 16 GC without NAV? Thanks in advance for your help, getting really excited about this!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you know if buying this part number (with NAV) will then include NAV when installed in a 16 GC without NAV? Thanks in advance for your help, getting really excited about this!
The NAV is built into the headunit

The other things like control of heated seats, etc are controlled by the body computer

·
Registered
29 Posts
That’s the part number for (UAQ 4C) with NAV as far as I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You guys are awesome, took your advice, ordered the UAQ for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Install was flawless and like you said no code needed....Thank you all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have not seen anyone who bought a new unit need a code.... My new unit from Mopar did not need any code.
You guys are awesome, took your advice, ordered the UAQ for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Install was flawless and like you said no code needed....Thank you all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It should not ask you to input if it’s new from Mopar, anti theft code is usually required when you salvage from a different vehicle.
Even if it’s asking for the code you can contact the Mopar store from where you purchased or your dealer they will usually do it free based on your standing with them.
Again if that does not help there are a number of eBay sellers who provide this service.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
12 Posts
I gave that link a try too. Ordered from moparpartsdepot last night and they canceled my order mid-day today. Hope it’s not backordered...
did you ever try to order from the link i put up mine arrived today im so STOKED!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Has anyone added the LTE antenna to see if the units will update over the air ? I’ve tried updating mine with usb but can’t seem to get it to work

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone added the LTE antenna to see if the units will update over the air ? I’ve tried updating mine with usb but can’t seem to get it to work
I have had the LTE antenna installed in my 2016 Summit along with a Mopar purchased UAQ Nav unit for a year. To my knowledge, this setup is not capable of receiving OTA updates since my VIN is registered as having the older Harmon Kardon RA4 Nav unit and OTA updates are distributed by uConnect based on your VIN. I have not heard of anyone that has been able to get their VIN officially re-registered with a converted Head unit. Your only update option is via USB and that will depend on getting access to the appropriate update files. There are a few update files available for download mentioned earlier in this thread that you might try. My unit arrived with the current recommended JGC software version 21.9 and since everything works perfectly, I have never attempted a USB update beyond this version.

As for the benefit of the LTE antenna; I'm not sure if it is actually improving anything since there is no noticeable difference in my in vehicle 4G cell service vs the UAQ alone.

1241 - 1260 of 1302 Posts