Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1303 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have really been looking at this but its pricey plus I am not sure I am comfortable doing the install. Its probably not like the 50 car radios I installed in various cars in the late 90's and early 2000's

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
12 Posts
I have really been looking at this but its pricey plus I am not sure I am comfortable doing the install. Its probably not like the 50 car radios I installed in various cars in the late 90's and early 2000's
Its plug n play it gets no easier than the this took me like 15 minutes to install radio and I'm no radio installer and cheapest I found was 822 which is a great price compared to the higher prices from other places I put the post up a couple posts back for the mopar dealer selling it

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
4 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the 68306656AR screw hole pattern. On the sites for buying they show the top 2 screw holes above instead of in the side. Will that still work for a 2015 High Altitude?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the 68306656AR screw hole pattern. On the sites for buying they show the top 2 screw holes above instead of in the side. Will that still work for a 2015 High Altitude?
Make sure the unit you purchase matches the photo posted and is actually part #68306656AR, the OEM radio for 2018 Grand Cherokees. If the upper mounting brackets are really on the top and not the side, it is NOT part 68306656AR and will NOT mount properly in your vehicle. The top bracket mounting pattern is for installation in the Dodge Durango.

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
4 Posts
Make sure the unit you purchase matches the photo posted and is actually part #68306656AR, the OEM radio for 2018 Grand Cherokees. If the upper mounting brackets are really on the top and not the side, it is NOT part 68306656AR and will NOT mount properly in your vehicle. The top bracket mounting pattern is for installation in the Dodge Durango.
I followed the link posted here for the 68306656AR and they all show the same pic/sketch with the top bracket style. That's why I wanted to see an actual picture from someone who ordered from there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I followed the link posted here for the 68306656AR and they all show the same pic/sketch with the top bracket style. That's why I wanted to see an actual picture from someone who ordered from there.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for such a helpful thread.

My new UAQ is arriving today to replace the unit in my 2017 Grand Cherokee. However, my media hub is delayed. Has anyone tried just installing the UAQ without the hub? Will everything but CarPlay work? Or should I wait until the Media Hub arrives to replace?

One other question: Any advice on the proper software versionI should load onto the device?

Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for such a helpful thread.

My new UAQ is arriving today to replace the unit in my 2017 Grand Cherokee. However, my media hub is delayed. Has anyone tried just installing the UAQ without the hub? Will everything but CarPlay work? Or should I wait until the Media Hub arrives to replace?

One other question: Any advice on the proper software versionI should load onto the device?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So to be clear, Radio-Multi Media - Mopar (68306656AR) is the unit to buy that has the updated software (including Android auto) from the 2018 and up model Jeep Grand Cherokee? Also, this specific radio will be able to utilize the existing 3g connection and additional features such as UConnect from a 2016 Grand Cherokee SRT?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Perhaps, but not worth it in my opinion. The convenience of everything being integrated in one unit is a better option.
Unfortunately there’s no “perhaps” about it, at least currently.

No one has been able to upgrade to the UAQ and still have cellular connection, so that’s the trade off, if you want the UAQ in a pre-2018 WK2. :(

For myself, having CarPlay well outweighs having the Uconnect stuff. (y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately there’s no “perhaps” about it, at least currently.

No one has been able to upgrade to the UAQ and still have cellular connection, so that’s the trade off, if you want the UAQ in a pre-2018 WK2. :(

For myself, having CarPlay well outweighs having the Uconnect stuff. (y)
I have upgraded and have the cellular connection working.
Even though the unit has the activate the Uconnect option in mine I doubt it will actually work ..

1281 - 1300 of 1303 Posts