Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1451 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed a (2018?) UConnect 4C UAQ in my 2014 GC and am trying to update to the latest software version. I'm getting "files not supported" error when plugging in the USB. I've formatted it FAT32 and am using the 26.3 update files here in a "VP4R_Update" folder on the thumbdrive. Attached is a pic of my Radio Part Information screen. My software version is "100B" which I've not seen in any other screenshots. Application version is USA-R10.8.0_20160317-1000, which seems like a very old software version. Any ideas why it's not working?

View attachment 232670
I assume you meant to say 28.3, not 26.3? I would start with the older update files - try 21.9 or 22.6 and see if that works. Some of the newer updates require the older ones to be installed first.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Overland
7 Posts
I
I assume you meant to say 28.3, not 26.3? I would start with the older update files - try 21.9 or 22.6 and see if that works. Some of the newer updates require the older ones to be installed first.
I went all the way down to 18.7 here, but received a message that these files were not for my vehicle, which is slightly encouraging since it means my flash drive is formatted okay. I tried. 22.6 but received "files not supported". Tried downloading 21.9 from the Google Drive list multiple times, but the zip file seems corrupted. Anywhere else I could find older UAQ updates?

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,878 Posts
I

I went all the way down to 18.7 here, but received a message that these files were not for my vehicle, which is slightly encouraging since it means my flash drive is formatted okay. I tried. 22.6 but received "files not supported". Tried downloading 21.9 from the Google Drive list multiple times, but the zip file seems corrupted. Anywhere else I could find older UAQ updates?
Make sure you have a true UAQ. The one I received was actually a Canadian model and is labeled a UCQ. Software is unique to each.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Overland
7 Posts
Make sure you have a true UAQ. The one I received was actually a Canadian model and is labeled a UCQ. Software is unique to each.
That's a good point. My application version is USA-R10.8.0... so I think I'm a UAQ. I was assuming the 18.7 error that it was not for my vehicle was because that service bulletin update was specifically for Jeep Cherokees. I thought I'd try installing it anyway.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,878 Posts
I'd say you're clear. 2019 Cherokee uses the same hardware so I wouldn't think that's the issue.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,878 Posts
Should say in the software version if you push the drivers temp up and down and front defrost at the same time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you tell from this mess? haha
View attachment 232699
Where did you get your UAQ unit from? It is really weird that it is missing the Serial number, and also the HU ID (first line) is garbled - it almost seems like yours is a rebuilt unit.
Do you happen to have the pictures of the outside of the unit - specifically, any stickers that were on it? They usually have part # and a serial number on them as well, we could review these for any hints.

See this post for an example of a "correct" output: Photos Installing UAQ Radio in 2017 Summit

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
Are there any discount codes for Infotainment.com that have been used successfully and you guys could share? Thanks.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
Can someone please explain something to me ? Looking at the repository of the UConnect Software, shown below,

I would like to know what the two files at the bottom are. I get it that the v28.3, v30.24 and v34.2 are the three most recent UAQ software/firmware files.
But what are the two zip files at the bottom?

The file called UAQ_IR22.6 is probably an even older version of the UAQ firm/soft-ware but what is the file called UAQ_NA_18.7_MY17-18.zip? It is 9 GB and I would like to avoid downloading it if not necessary.

Thanks.

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
309 Posts
Yes 22.6 is an older version compared to the ones listed. The 18.7 zip file may be a much older version I’m not familiar with, or maybe contain multiple updates....? Would need to confirm with website owner -sox- or just download and look.

Note1—Update files which are ~9GB in size typically contain map data. The ~1GB updates do not.

Note2—we believe the 30 and 34 updates ‘require’ you to be at min 28.3 before applying them.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
Thank you. I folded like a napkin and dropped serious coin for one of these from Infotainment.com. Ultimately between chasing the junkyards, buying it from Mopar direct, and sorting out unlock codes and other re-activations, I chose the convenience of paying more. So now I am playing the waiting game and see what gets shipped to me (in about a month they said) and go from there. I just want to pre-emptively download any firmware/software and have it lined up.

Now, does anyone know how dated these maps are? Less of an issue since we have Google Maps and Waze now but a few years back I did purchase a new map. Hope the preloaded maps are newer.

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
309 Posts
To be frank, unless there is something quirky with the version running on the unit they send to you, there isn’t much benefit to updating it. The risk may be greater than the reward. You really have to read this entire thread (see what’s happened to others during updates to specific versions) to decide on your own. For some folks, certain updates caused some issues which may or may not have occurred for others.

Personally, I’ve been fortunate—I’ve done 3 updates: 21.9, 22.5 and 28.3, all with no issues. When I updated my eBay unit to either 21.9 or 22.5 (9GB update files), my maps updated slightly. But for whatever reason, maps did not update for all UAQ owners as they did for me. That said, my maps are still only 17Q2. Yours will likely be about that age. You can check via the Dealer Mode, Map Database Version entry.

For whatever reason, Uconnect and HERE still have not yet released a dedicated map update pack (2019 nor 2020) for the MY18 UAQ devices. But when (if?) they do, then we’ll likely need to update to some specific system version first.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
Can someone please explain something to me ? Looking at the repository of the UConnect Software, shown below, View attachment 232868

What is the file called UAQ_NA_18.7_MY17-18.zip? It is 9 GB and I would like to avoid downloading it if not necessary.

Thanks.

I downloaded the file at the bottom that I have previously indicated that it is 9.x Gb. It is indeed a map file. The question is....what do you do with it? My previous experience with the map update is that it is a one time use that you can only use if you have a Requester Code or something similar. The files appear to have a "Date Modified" of either 2017-07-10 or 2017-02-28, with one file called map_version reading: "2017.02.28_MY17.5_CW09_LUNA_CONTENT_NA".

I concluded this download is probably unnecessary for any folks that have a 2018+ UAQ navigation since you (and eventually I) probably have this or something newer) installed already. When I updated my maps, in November 2017, my USB maps were 2016Q4. Prior to that, the UConnect had 2012Q2 maps, which is ludicrous. So ....did anyone use that file to do...anything ? Thanks.

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
309 Posts
The ~9GB system update files contain the maps subfolder. The maps gets applied (sometimes .. lol) during the system update... that we know of, you can’t do anything to force it. That’s where I’d mentioned the 21.9 or 22.5 system updates (both 9GB w/map files) bumped my maps from 16Qx to 17Q2. But for many others, the maps were not updated during the system update.... not sure why.

I noticed it looks like -sox- may have taken down the UAQ updates for 21.9 and 22.5 from his download site, or relocated them. Again, both of those sys updates contained map update files. Whereas 22.6, 28.3 and the ~1GB others do not.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Overland
7 Posts
Where did you get your UAQ unit from? It is really weird that it is missing the Serial number, and also the HU ID (first line) is garbled - it almost seems like yours is a rebuilt unit.
Do you happen to have the pictures of the outside of the unit - specifically, any stickers that were on it? They usually have part # and a serial number on them as well, we could review these for any hints.

See this post for an example of a "correct" output: Photos Installing UAQ Radio in 2017 Summit
factoryradioparts.com

I didn't take any pics of the unit before install, unfortunately.

·
Registered
80 Posts
factoryradioparts.com

I didn't take any pics of the unit before install, unfortunately.
My guess is that your unit is a rebuilt one, and that is probably the reason it is not taking any of the update files - but I may be wrong. You may want to reach out to this company for clarification.
If it is working fine, I would just leave it alone - otherwise, you risk bricking the radio.

1401 - 1420 of 1451 Posts