Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1441 - 1451 of 1451 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tried to add the Radio ID to my account and it gave me an error or something. I assume I can just call them and add it though. I probably want to wait until they cut off the trial though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What about if the Sirius trial subscription ends? Can you sign up for paid service at that point? There is a radio ID you can find in the settings but I wasn't able to add it online to my existing account. I assume if I call them I could get it added? I definitely need to keep sirius active.
My UAQ transplant was a new unit purchased from a Mopar parts supplier that gave me free SiriusXM service for about 18 months. When it stopped working I was able to renew the service by calling and giving them the Radio ID on the headhunt. The vehicle VIN/OEM radio mismatch does not restrict Sirius service.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My UAQ transplant was a new unit purchased from a Mopar parts supplier that gave me free SiriusXM service for about 18 months. When it stopped working I was able to renew the service by calling and giving them the Radio ID on the headhunt. The vehicle VIN/OEM radio mismatch does not restrict Sirius service.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just installed my Infotainment UAQ into my '14 overland today! So far, really like it, but I'm just wondering if the SD card slot will work. This may have been covered already (sorry, search didn't come up with anything and I'd rather not read through 70+ pages. In the screen, all I see are two USB options listed, though the updated hub only comes with one USB slot. Will this be updated as it cycles? Any insight is appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind, digging around I see that I should received a new hub with the 2 USB ports, not the older version with 1 USB and 1 SD card port. Contacted Infotainment, hopefully they can get a new one to me!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wonder if unplugging the radio for a little while and then plugging back in would reset everything and maybe get the wifi working again?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wonder if unplugging the radio for a little while and then plugging back in would reset everything and maybe get the wifi working again?
Not sure if this was meant for me, but if so yeah, I've tried that too... I have actually pulled the UAQ and re-installed the original head unit several times for each time that I have had the vehicle at the dealership for maintenance and/or warranty repairs. Just weird that I with the brand new UAQ purchased directly from Mopar that it would act different, but perhaps the UAQ I received just happened to have a defective WiFi antenna or something... but, at this point probably too late to worry about it anyhow (had it for something like two and a half years now).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure if this was meant for me, but if so yeah, I've tried that too... I have actually pulled the UAQ and re-installed the original head unit several times for each time that I have had the vehicle at the dealership for maintenance and/or warranty repairs. Just weird that I with the brand new UAQ purchased directly from Mopar that it would act different, but perhaps the UAQ I received just happened to have a defective WiFi antenna or something... but, at this point probably too late to worry about it anyhow (had it for something like two and a half years now).
I was just thinking unplugging might reset the wifi trial. Looks like mine has ended. Was working for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

First time Jeep owner (just purchased a Canadian market 2018 GC Trailhawk V8) and my GPS / Nav is not working (shows me out in the middle of the Atlantic with no satellites being tracked). From what I gather on these threads, my vehicle is way behind on software updates for the Uconnect system.

Currently running 17.43.44

My question is whether I can jump directly to the latest build applicable to my model year or if I need to proceed stepwise through a few specific versions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone found a way to factory reset yet? My new infotainment UAQ doesn't display artist name and just says "connect device" when playing files from a usb and I'm hoping a factory reset will help (unless there are any other suggestions?)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Everyone,

First time Jeep owner (just purchased a Canadian market 2018 GC Trailhawk V8) and my GPS / Nav is not working (shows me out in the middle of the Atlantic with no satellites being tracked). From what I gather on these threads, my vehicle is way behind on software updates for the Uconnect system.

Currently running 17.43.44

My question is whether I can jump directly to the latest build applicable to my model year or if I need to proceed stepwise through a few specific versions?
I believe it is best to perform upgrades sequentially, some of the versions require the previous one as a pre-requisite.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone found a way to factory reset yet? My new infotainment UAQ doesn't display artist name and just says "connect device" when playing files from a usb and I'm hoping a factory reset will help (unless there are any other suggestions?)
The only factory reset method I am aware of on UAQ and UAV is to either remove the radio so it has no power, or disconnect the battery (make sure to disconnect both start/stop battery if equipped, and the main battery) for a few hours. When you connect it back, the radio will have the default blue theme and will eventually pull the settings from the BCM.

1441 - 1451 of 1451 Posts