Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Im in the market for a GC and Im super excited. I do need some help with the colors however. It will be an off road vehicle and I live in the desert so I have a lot of dust around me. I went to check out the sangria metal clearcoat in person today and I absolutely fell in love with it. My only issue is, they were cleaning it when I came to check it out and as they were cleaning it, it still looked dirty somehow. Im wondering if anyone who has a GC in sangria can help me re: how badly does it show dirt and dust?

thanks

·
Registered
2018 - Sterling w/Sterling Lux and Tow Pkg. 3.6 by choice.
11 Posts
I have a Sangria colored Grand Cherokee. Like any dark colored vehicle it shows the dust and dirt but in direct sunlight this color has almost a matte purple undertone. I also thought it looked dirty even when it was clean but I found out if I keep my tires shined then it looks fantastic, even when it's dirty.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Sangria??
Is that "Velvet Red", Jeep; Mopar Paint code PRV, PPG Paint Code 937541.
Other common color promotional names for this color include Octane Red, Dodge, Delmonico Red, Ram, Passion Red, Alfa Red Pearl, and Snazzberry. The color formulation has been used between 2015 and 2021, primarily by Dodge; but also by Chrysler and Jeep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's paint code PHR and I think originally made it's debut in 2018. It was limited to upper trim packages including Summit and Overland and then the Sterling Edition which was only run for about 7 months or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sangria??
Is that "Velvet Red", Jeep; Mopar Paint code PRV, PPG Paint Code 937541.
Other common color promotional names for this color include Octane Red, Dodge, Delmonico Red, Ram, Passion Red, Alfa Red Pearl, and Snazzberry. The color formulation has been used between 2015 and 2021, primarily by Dodge; but also by Chrysler and Jeep.
no thats like red red. sangria is the black with the purple sparkles in it. Its gorgeous in person but just seems like its black enough that it will hold all dirt....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's paint code PHR and I think originally made it's debut in 2018. It was limited to upper trim packages including Summit and Overland and then the Sterling Edition which was only run for about 7 months or so.
and the limited which is what I am in the market for

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wish they'd bring back the Recon Green clearcoat from the 75th Anniversary models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Sangria 2020 GC Limited. Unless it is in direct sunlight it looks black, and yes, it shows dirt and dust just like black does. If that bothers you, go with a lighter color.

Phil

·
Super Moderator
9,634 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve ordered velvet red for my Overland (it was between that and the granite). But honestly, I think car color is somewhat like TV picture. I can show you a fully calibrated display with proper gamma, color temps, black levels, and all of it, but that might not be what your eyes prefer. I think personally, I’d rather have a color that I like seeing everyday over one that might show less dust or the like.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,572 Posts
Like White for instance?? 😉

·
Registered
674 Posts
Same here. The brand new vehicles we've purchased were deep amethyst (dark purple), black, black, and black forest green. If I had to buy a new Jeep this year, I'd go with the sangria.

I’ve ordered velvet red for my Overland (it was between that and the granite). But honestly, I think car color is somewhat like TV picture. I can show you a fully calibrated display with proper gamma, color temps, black levels, and all of it, but that might not be what your eyes prefer. I think personally, I’d rather have a color that I like seeing everyday over one that might show less dust or the like.

·
Premium Member
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
10 Posts
We really like the metallic green. It's pretty unique in our area and a nice middle between hunter and neon green. It does show some dust and dirt but I can't tell if its more or less than our grey metallic cars.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Off road vehicle? Find you a good used one in White Gold or Cashmere Pearl Coat (same color different model years). I had a 2011 White Gold and my wife liked it because it just did not show dirt so I bought her a 2014 Cashmere Pearl Coat. We have a 1/4 mile dirt (powder sand) driveway and even when those cars were filthy they still looked good. I can't remember what year they dropped the Cashmere but I think it was around 2016. Can't imagine why but maybe I am the only one that liked it. I have a '19 brown Limited now and it's not too bad showing dirt but it sure don't do well with all this Georgia pine pollen.

·
Registered
2020 3.6L GC Limited 4X4: White/Tan, Luxury Group II, Tow Group, Protech II, Lighting Group
35 Posts
Gray shows the least dirt. After having burgundy colored cars for 30 years and a gray one for 19 I’ll never by a dark car again because they are always dirty. I hate black interiors because they are hot, show every speck of dust and make me feel closed in. Hence my Limited is white and tan.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you're considering a new model, I think Sting Gray looks good, particularly with some shiny black wheels, but it's not available on all trim levels.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
85 Posts
If you're considering a new model, I think Sting Gray looks good, particularly with some shiny black wheels, but it's not available on all trim levels.
I second sting gray

1 - 19 of 19 Posts