Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly reminder to all members that our Pirelli Run-Flat tires come with ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY. Means that if you get a nail in your tire, Pirelli will replace the damaged tire for free (or prorated depending on tread depth) so long as you take to your Jeep dealer.

This is a little known warranty element. Your Jeep dealer likely will not know about this warranty. I have used this warranty element twice at two Jeep dealers over the past couple of years and both dealers were clueless. So, I recommend that you email Pirelli beforehand so you have proof of this warranty. Then present this email to the Jeep dealer so they can initiate the warranty process with Pirelli.

If the Jeep dealer makes you pay for the tire because they are clueless, I find it's better just to go with it rather than argue with a clueless dealer. Pay for the tire, then make sure that the dealer sends the damaged tire to the distributor for the warranty claim--make sure they do not put the damaged tire into their recycle program. Pirelli will then review the tire, cut the dealer a check, and the dealer can then credit you for the cost of the tire you already paid. Should not take more than one business week for the process.

Contact info for Pirelli:

[email protected]

Hoe this helps a few of us on here.

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
That's is good info and I did not know that they would replace a tire due to flat from a nail. I did get a nail in one of mine a few weeks ago and I just pulled it out and fixed it myself in about 15 mins. Personally I can't wait until I get about 15k miles on these tires (which is about all I can get out of a set of Pirellis) so I can feel okay about replacing them. Absolutely hate the Pirelli run flats. I had 2 GC SRT's before this TH so I learned that there are better tires for less money out there (IMO).

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
That's is good info and I did not know that they would replace a tire due to flat from a nail. I did get a nail in one of mine a few weeks ago and I just pulled it out and fixed it myself in about 15 mins. Personally I can't wait until I get about 15k miles on these tires (which is about all I can get out of a set of Pirellis) so I can feel okay about replacing them. Absolutely hate the Pirelli run flats. I had 2 GC SRT's before this TH so I learned that there are better tires for less money out there (IMO).
Just so I can be ready - which tires did you find that you liked more than the pirelli run flats?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
Just so I can be ready - which tires did you find that you liked more than the pirelli run flats?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
R20 Ventus Hankook ST RH06 - They are not run flats and are V rated but to me were quieter, handled better in both dry and wet conditions, and had a better ride than the Pirelli's. Plus they were about half the cost.

The biggest gripes I have with the Pirellis, is they are pretty much shot after 10 to 12k miles. But, I'd push them to 15k or a little more. IMO, after 8 to 10k miles they would hydroplane far to easily.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
R20 Ventus Hankook ST RH06 - They are not run flats and are V rated but to me were quieter, handled better in both dry and wet conditions, and had a better ride than the Pirelli's. Plus they were about half the cost.

The biggest gripes I have with the Pirellis, is they are pretty much shot after 10 to 12k miles. But, I'd push them to 15k or a little more. IMO, after 8 to 10k miles they would hydroplane far to easily.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
When was the last time you used this warranty?

There's no longer a treadwear warranty on the All-Seasons (All Scorpion Verde All Season tires produced in 2014 and beyond are not eligible
for Treadwear Warranty coverage.) and they also have this little nugget in their warranty guide: Tires which have been run on a dynamometer (are not covered). I know treadwear is different than nails and I'm hoping you're right!

From: https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PI0717.pdf

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MIkeH--I used this warranty last week. It's not a treadwear warranty. It's a road hazard warranty for the Run-Flats. Since you cannot patch a Run-Flat, you can replace them for free (or prorated depending on tread depth) per Pirelli's road hazard warranty. Here's the email I used from Pirelli to get the ball rolling with the Dealer...hope this helps:

Hello Hassan –

We can provide coverage through your Jeep dealer if your Jeep dealer is willing to initiate the warranty claim by returning the tire to us via their Pirelli distributor. Managing run flat warranty coverage is new to them and as a result they may require you to repurchase Pirelli and wait for the credit to be processed prior to passing the prorated credit back to you.

Should you purchase a replacement through Tire Rack they will be willing to manage the claim for you but they may require that you return the take-off tire to them to process through our standard warranty channel.

Details of coverage are provided below and in the attached warranty and you or your dealer may reach out to us for further explanation as well:

All Pirelli tires produced with Run Flat technology are covered for road hazard damage because we do not suggest the run flat tires be repaired.

Just replace your Pirelli tire and request your authorized Pirelli dealer submit your take-off tire to Pirelli for a warranty inspection. If you qualify for coverage according to the terms of the attached warranty your tread depth is measured and a pro-ration is issued for a workmanship and materials claim to the dealer from which you purchased your replacement Pirelli tire. The credit is passed back to you from your dealer to offset the purchase price of your tire. Please see section titled, “How to Make a Claim Under This Limited Warranty” and “Road Hazard Policy for Run Flat and PNCS Tires Only” sections on the attached warranty

In addition, should you or your dealer would like to speak to a Pirelli Consumer Affairs agent t initiate a warranty claim for road hazard coverage on a run flat tire, please contact us by calling 1 800 747 3554 (option 2) between the hours of 8 AM to 6 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

Kindest regards,

Pirelli Consumer Affairs

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
54 Posts
Discount Tire will handle the processing too. No need for going to the dealer or sending a tire back to mail order. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
2018 JEEP SRT
25 Posts
I'm really thinking about swapping out the Pirelli's as soon as I take delivery. I know they are great tires but I'm hearing a lot about short tread life and noise. I think they could be sold on the secondary market for a decent price. I'm thinking the Hankook Ventus. Come out with a little extra dough too.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
I'm really thinking about swapping out the Pirelli's as soon as I take delivery. I know they are great tires but I'm hearing a lot about short tread life and noise. I think they could be sold on the secondary market for a decent price. I'm thinking the Hankook Ventus. Come out with a little extra dough too.
Any ultra performance runflat tire will have a short life. Those hankooks are not ultra performance.

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
I switched to Hankook's on my last SRT and liked them MUCH better than the Pirelli's. Although to be honest, just about anything would have been better, IMO. I think they only had a X speed rating (or up to 149 mph) but I don't plan to run the car that fast to often. They seemed to ride and handle as well or better, had great traction, and looked a lot better. Less than 1/2 the price too. Not sure how well they wear since I didn't have them long enough but when I sold the SRT for the TH, they looked new.

·
Registered
2018 JEEP SRT
25 Posts
I switched to Hankook's on my last SRT and liked them MUCH better than the Pirelli's. Although to be honest, just about anything would have been better, IMO. I think they only had a X speed rating but I don't plan to run the car that fast to often. They seemed to ride and handle as well or better, had great traction, and looked a lot better. Less than 1/2 the price too. Not sure how well they wear since I didn't have them long enough but when I sold the SRT for the TH, they looked new.
Great to know, thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bringing this thread to the top to add a comment. Got a big screw stuck in my rear right Scorpion. Went to dealer. Says it is un-repairable. Dealer wouldn't believe me about Pirelli Road Hazard deal. Luckily I printed out a few select parts of this thread and they are now following up with Pirelli.

In the meantime, nobody has a tire in stock near me, so the earliest I can get it replaced is Monday, so 3 days of driving around on the spare......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just wanted to add that I called Pirelli at the number provided by the thread starter and they confirmed that they cover the cost of the tire replacement at 100% in the first year. They had also spoken to my dealership (the guy who said he would call them) and talked him through the entire process. So once again this forum saves me money!! :)

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Yep 12 months and 12k miles

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
24 Posts
I got a flat tire last week from a nail in the center of the tread area. I took it to Discount Tire and was surprised that they repaired it (instead of requiring it to be replaced). They said that the manufacturers recently started allowing run-flats to be repaired. This is a good thing because I have 13,000 miles on my Pirelli all-season tires and the treads are nearly gone. If I would have had to replace the one flat tire (for free), I would have also had to replace the other three (out of my pocket) because you can't put one new tire with the other ones being nearly worn out. I want to be able to drive a couple thousand more miles before replacing them.

I am glad that I have the trailer towing package which includes a spare tire. If you drive on a flat run-flat tire for any distance it will need to be replaced. I was able to put the spare tire on at home (where I discovered that I had a flat tire) and put the flat tire in the back and take it to Discount Tire. The spare tire also allows you to drive your Trackhawk when you have to wait for a few days for replacement tires to arrive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts