Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice job! I just did mine too on my lip of rim mine has a couple bubbles. Do you have any bubbles? I might have to replace do mine again. I don't know if there was some water underneath or what

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Pasti dip

Very nice. I am thinking of painting mine. Did you have a lot of flaking clearcoat on your rims? Mine have a lot of flakes and discoloration under the clear so I would need to remove that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yea I did in places but I took a razor blade and took the flaking places off then just put on 6 coats and it covered it up. I just played around with it till I got it right. the discoloration wont be seen if you are using the black , not sure about the other colors.

·
Registered
46 Posts

i really like the way it looks, it is not totally matte, i assume you used the matte cans only, but it looks semi gloss or satin. i will strongly consider doing this as i plan to paint my rusty calipers anyway so maybe i will do this while i have all the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts

i really like the way it looks, it is not totally matte, i assume you used the matte cans only, but it looks semi gloss or satin. i will strongly consider doing this as i plan to paint my rusty calipers anyway so maybe i will do this while i have all the wheels off.
Either this picture was takin right after he finished spraying or he used the gloss finish for PlastiDip.

Looks like a job well done either way!

·
Registered
184 Posts

Nice job. I really like that look. I heard that if you use the gloss finish, it makes it harder to peel off later. Don't know if it true but that's what i heard.

·
Registered
2003 Grand Cherokee
650 Posts

Nice job. I really like that look. I heard that if you use the gloss finish, it makes it harder to peel off later. Don't know if it true but that's what i heard.
They make what plastidip calls a glossifier (spelling?) that gives it a semi gloss appearance. If that's used, it peels off like normal. But if you apply a clear coat over the plastidip, it will suck to peel off.

·
Registered
2003 Grand Cherokee
650 Posts
If you're going to have the center cap silver, I think the lug nuts also need to be silver. I originally had my center caps black and the nuts silver (painted the wheels off the car) and then I removed the black from the center cap.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree with jeepme... if you keep the center cap silver the do the light nuts silver too. Personally I like the all black.

sent from my S3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.