Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
Limited 4X4
820 Posts
How did you do the handle bars and mirror caps???

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. I just taped both locations very carefully and used an exacto-knife to cut the dip. Some parts up close is not perfect, but the good thing is that its Dip so you can pull off easily and start over.

· Premium Member
Limited 4X4
820 Posts
If you don't mind, can you PM me a few pictures of your mirrors and door handles up close.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Better question is, how did you do your head and tail lamps? Looks great!
Headlights aren't dipped. The tails I just taped the outside of the chrome parts and sprayed the whole tail. Did 3-4 coats. Waited 30 mins and peeled the excess off the tails. Easy stuff. The taping and cutting (exacto-knife) is where most of the work is done. Sucks cause its like 100 degrees in Houston too. haha

· Registered
215 Posts
Headlights aren't dipped. The tails I just taped the outside of the chrome parts and sprayed the whole tail. Did 3-4 coats. Waited 30 mins and peeled the excess off the tails. Easy stuff. The taping and cutting (exacto-knife) is where most of the work is done. Sucks cause its like 100 degrees in Houston too. haha
Looks awesome. I was looking to buy SRT head and tail lamps, but when I found out they were $1300 a piece...I backed off a bit

· Registered
'22 JGC 4xe & '14 JGC LTD; '09 Subaru Forester; RIP '05 Subaru Legacy STI EVO
2,385 Posts
Looks fantastic.

I Plasti-Dipped my black 2014 and love the new look. After the weather started having an unstable pattern of showers and thunderstorms almost daily since Mid May, between the Jeep and other house projects, I abandoned the task. I have a few questions, as I want to finalize the project:

a) the grille - did you remove it?
b) the handles and the chrome plate at the rear gate - will the dip withstand the wear / rubbing against ?

Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.