Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best product to clean the interior plastics such as the center console lid, arm rests, door panels etc?

Ive noticed a gray ish dirt mark where ever someones arm rests or a constant touch.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
i currently use meguriars natural shine and love it!!!

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it like armorall? does it leave it greasy? I hate that. Also i have heard that dash treatements like armorall can actually cause more harm then good by drying out the plastic.

I just want to get it all clean.

I will look in to that stuff.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
this stuff is not shiny or greasy and will not crack!!! did lots of research before i put this stuff on. i do not like the shiny look in the interior of my truck

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
What is the best product to clean the interior plastics such as the center console lid, arm rests, door panels etc?

Ive noticed a gray ish dirt mark where ever someones arm rests or a constant touch.
Kyle-

I use a product called "Blue Magic leather and vinyl cleaner" I know leather and vinyl...but it works great on the WK's plastic interior, leaves a very slight sheen and smells great.

·
Registered
2007 SRT-8
345 Posts
no no no armorall! i clean mine with megs interior cleaner then i use the natural shine from megs as well..

They make a high gloss too if your into that but i like the 'factory' shine

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
^^^ very good combo!!!

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks alot guys. I just washed it today, it had been raining the past week and rain plus dirt roads makes me cringe.

usually i use lexol products bi weekly on the leather.

Scott, i think i might even have a bottle of that stuff in my garage to try out. Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Has anybody ever used the ice interior cleaner they came out with a new spray kind, i used to use the gel on stains on my seats and it worked pretty well but i ran out and havnt bought anymore.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
I dont like any of the Ice stuff

·
Registered
856 Posts
I typically clean the interior with the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover. It leaves no residue behind and is safe on the majority of the interior. I use it on the dashboard, doors, console, carpets, mats and more. For protection the 303 Aerospace Protectant should be perfect for you. I use it to protect anything vinyl, plastic, leather, rubber, etc. so that is the majority of the interior. It leave a nice matte finish behind and valuable UV protection. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, i think i might try to get my hands on some of that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
armoral wipes FTW!!

I wipe it on then take a dry MF and wipe off any excess. leaves the plastic with nice shine and no residue or anyhting.

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
armoral wipes FTW!!

I wipe it on then take a dry MF and wipe off any excess. leaves the plastic with nice shine and no residue or anyhting.

Ahhhh, Just say no to armorall. Its the worst for interiors. it will dry out the plastic and it leaves a greasy surface that just attracts more dust and dirt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.