Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, my jeep is driving me crazy! I have a 2015 Cherokee latitude with 80,000 miles
I get a warning Stop start unavailable immediately followed by a 4 wheel drive unavailable message. The jeep goes into a limp mode.. won’t take gas and tranny stops pulling. I pull over and shut it off and restart the jeep and it’s fine, just the check engine light remains on. It may run for an hour or it may only go a mile or two before it reactivates. It dangerous especially in heavy traffic.
Ive had it to the dealership twice and they can’t find the issue. I’ve had the battery and the IBS checked and both are fine. PLEASE HELP .. I’m terrified it’s going to totally quit on me, leaving us stranded on road. Hubby is a disabled vet and unable to walk so being stranded isn’t an option. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
How old is your battery, if original you are way past due, 3/4 years is about the life and 2 year is not unheard of. Have the battery tested under load at one of the auto parts stores, most do not charge for test, again under load.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Please help, my jeep is driving me crazy! I have a 2015 Cherokee latitude with 80,000 miles
I get a warning Stop start unavailable immediately followed by a 4 wheel drive unavailable message. The jeep goes into a limp mode.. won’t take gas and tranny stops pulling. I pull over and shut it off and restart the jeep and it’s fine, just the check engine light remains on. It may run for an hour or it may only go a mile or two before it reactivates. It dangerous especially in heavy traffic.
Ive had it to the dealership twice and they can’t find the issue. I’ve had the battery and the IBS checked and both are fine. PLEASE HELP .. I’m terrified it’s going to totally quit on me, leaving us stranded on road. Hubby is a disabled vet and unable to walk so being stranded isn’t an option. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you
Sounds like an electrical issue, but Wimmer is correct...have the battery tested under load for free first, then go from there. One thing I want to point out Is that the 2015 from what I've read is notorious for issues like these all over the place.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Hi Sherrisexton,
If you decide to revisit your local dealer to address this concern, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to provide technical assistance alongside them.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sherrisexton,
If you decide to revisit your local dealer to address this concern, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to provide technical assistance alongside them.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Thank you so very much.. I will do that ❤👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts