Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anti theft system is on my 2000 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and it won't start I've tried so many things and the anti theft system just won't cut off

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
1,572 Posts
Anti theft system is on my 2000 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and it won't start I've tried so many things and the anti theft system just won't cut off

Hi and welcome to Jeep Garage! I have a Grand Cherokee also but it’s a completely different model, so while I can’t help with your technical problem I can steer you to where you can get the help you need.

There are many smart and experienced people here, and I’m confident that you’ll get the answer you need if you try doing these:

- post a new thread but in a better place — since yours is a 2000, you have what Jeep calls a “WJ”, or the second generation Grand Cherokee; so post your new thread in our WJ subforum. In there, I recommend the “Troubleshooting/Problems” area. Here is a link to it, https://www.jeepgarage.org/forums/troubleshooting-problems.203/

- a more helpful title helps the other members to know what your post is about. Many of us are too busy to open every thread, especially if it has a vague title, Try something like, anti theft system, my WJ won’t start

- copy and paste your original post into that new thread

- then, come back here and paste a link to your new thread to let people know that it’s being handled at your new thread

We have many members and someone should be able to help you.

You may want to look at Wikipedia’s page on the Grand Cherokee. You’ll see the different generations, ZJ, WJ, WK, and WK2. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Grand_Cherokee#Second_generation_(WJ;_1999–2005)

Many of the wise and smart members are also older and can’t see so well, so if you use punctuations like commas and periods it will help them to understand your situation and you’ll be more likely to get the answers you need.

All of the above applies also to this comment that you wrote,
I have a 2000 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the anti theft system is on truck won't start at all I've replaced the computer the skim module and the control panel for the power locks and window on the driver door and I've also fixed the wires on the driver door and still won't start at this point it's a pain in the ass and I don't know what else to do oh and I have new key and fob please help
Good luck! I hope you get the answers you need, and as you spend some time here maybe you can help out other members and sort of ‘pay it forward’.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts