Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
Hey Lips, Im interested in converting the 05-06 Leds Tails onto my 09 which will need your help :)
If i just want the harness adapter, how easy can it be installed? any splicing/cutting or Pnp? (ill probably just end up shipping my tails to you, just curious lol)

get back to me when you can :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Lips, Im interested in converting the 05-06 Leds Tails onto my 09 which will need your help :)
If i just want the harness adapter, how easy can it be installed? any splicing/cutting or Pnp? (ill probably just end up shipping my tails to you, just curious lol)

get back to me when you can :thumbsup:

Dave
Adapter is totally PnP, but I don't recommend it. Expensive and unnecessary. And you don't have to send me the whole taillight anymore. You can just send me the little harnesses off the back of the taillight and send me those. That's the way to go!

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
good to know! u mean the harness off the back of the LED tails right? (im guessing i should know once i get my tails in.) Thanks Lips, will be contacting you in the next week!

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
good to know! u mean the harness off the back of the LED tails right? (im guessing i should know once i get my tails in.) Thanks Lips, will be contacting you in the next week!
Yes, exactly! There is a white plastic 3-pin connector at the top that you disconnect, unplug the middle bulb socket, then take the reverse light bulb socket out of the tails. Box all that up and send it to me and I can do the mod the "right" way, without you sending the whole light.

Also, you are aware that they now make TRUE PnP LED tails for the '07+ guys, right?

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, I haven't met a single person that likes those LED tails over the older ones. I was just putting that out there so you knew and didn't think I was trying to swindle you out of your money when a PnP solution already existed. People who are just looking for the cheapest possible LED look might feel that way.

·
Registered
08 Limited
21 Posts
I'm also looking to get the same mods for my 05-06 led tails to fit my 08 model. I see I only have to send you the harness. Are you still providing this service? If so, i'm interested in shipping out as soon as possible.

BTW...my halo projectors for my head/fog lights along with my hid kits (5000k low beams for head..3000k for fog) should be arriving in the next few days. Should I expect similar compatibility issues with them also?

Thanks
Adam :confused:

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
x2!!!!! Greg, you have to send Lips the harness from the LED tails and he'll wire it from there! (post #24)

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
woooot!

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
i dont believe you will need these then. Its jsut for the 05-06 style led tails to work on the 07+.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
Jason (Lips) is the man! Great guy to work with! I received my harness and was having some connection problems with the tailight itself(not the harness). Jason offered to take the time out of his schedule to call/help me on getting it right! Appreciated it bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a pair of led tail lights that were listed as being for the 2008 grand cherokee which is what I have. When I tried to install them I realized they have the harness for the 05-06. I was wondering of there was any way anyone could help me solve this problem so I can use these led tail lights on my 08. Thanks

21 - 36 of 36 Posts