1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
54 Posts
Never seen those but would be great not to have cut factory wires.
I'm interested in these too if anyone has used, or has feedback on.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These work great

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
Are you running them on the front or rear or both? Would love to run switchback LEDs on the front with these.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious about these too. I'm guessing they get as hot as traditional resistors... it looks like this thing is made out of plastic. That would be of concern to me.
Im assuming they use plastic that can handle the heat and it would be nice not having to deal with an exposed resistors possibly melting other things. I may bite the bullet on these and try them out in the rear main/turn/brake

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just ordered some we'll see how they do next week

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just ordered some we'll see how they do next week
Keep us updated! Are you planning to use them for rear main lights or front turn signals?

Bit the bullet and ordered a set as well, along with some red LED 3157 bulbs for the rear main light. They both should be here by Monday at the latest. I'm hoping they get here by Friday so I can install on one of my days off. There looks to be plenty of room behind the headlights to mount these "decoders".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Using them in rear as I have Halos and LEDs switchbacks up front.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Using them in rear as I have Halos and LEDs switchbacks up front.
Any pics or vids of the switchbacks? Which switchbacks did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not sure the manufacturer as they came with the new headlights from DCSpecial. You can get them at carId.com, I have a pair from them in the garage already.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so do these work well, I want to go all LED.
Mine did not work...i ended up going back to the standard incandescents. Decided ill just leave the lighting alone at this point. The CREE reverse lights were the only ones that really made an improvement.

·
Registered
75th GC Limited
594 Posts
Ok thanks. Yeah I have the backup lights and license plate lights.....I just want to finish off all the exterior lights with LED's.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Subscribed, in case anyone figures this out. I'm interested in LED's for the brake and reverse lights.

·
Registered
75th GC Limited
594 Posts
Subscribed, in case anyone figures this out. I'm interested in LED's for the brake and reverse lights.
You should be able to get reverse lights now. All i had to do was removed the old bulbs and put in the new LED's. I'm not sure if the 2014's are different though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You should be able to get reverse lights now. All i had to do was removed the old bulbs and put in the new LED's. I'm not sure if the 2014's are different though.
Is it that easy to do with the brake lights too? Just remove the old bulbs and put in LED ones? Or is there more too it? Looks like the brake light bulbs are in the same housing as the reverse lights.

·
Registered
75th GC Limited
594 Posts
Is it that easy to do with the brake lights too? Just remove the old bulbs and put in LED ones? Or is there more too it? Looks like the brake light bulbs are in the same housing as the reverse lights.
The brake lights are in the same housing but they require additional resistors.
The reverse lights are a simple swap.

I've replaced my reverse lights, fog lights and license plate lights with LED's.....I'd give you a link but I can't remember where I got them from. Someone will jump in with a link.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The brake lights are in the same housing but they require additional resistors.
The reverse lights are a simple swap.

I've replaced my reverse lights, fog lights and license plate lights with LED's.....I'd give you a link but I can't remember where I got them from. Someone will jump in with a link.
I guess I'm confused, what's the difference between the Brake Lights and Reverse lights that you can't just swap out the bulbs the same for the Brakes? They look like they work the same way. What's the resistors for? Noobie here

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
I guess I'm confused, what's the difference between the Brake Lights and Reverse lights that you can't just swap out the bulbs the same for the Brakes? They look like they work the same way. What's the resistors for? Noobie here
If the brake lights were just brake lights you could swap them, but since they are also used as the blinker they need the resistor to fool the computer into thinking there is a regular bulb there. The resistance of the LED is so little that it thinks the bulb is burned out, making ir blink really fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts