Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 with the 8.4" and 18 inch wheel package, but I have one small question about it. I know that the parkview rear camera is only standard on the Limited and up trim, but I am wondering if it would be possible to add a back up camera to the Laredo E at an additional cost in the service department?

I dont need all the extra features of the Limited to justify another 4-5000, but the back up camera would be nice.

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
I asked the accessories guy at the dealer last week who was supposed to call chrysler and get back to me which never happened. I hope it is possible but I am going to say it is doubtful... They 2013 kit included a new rear chrome trim piece and the 2014 that same piece is painted so I don't know how that will work...

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
435 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had a Laredo e I added it was simple but mine is a 13 I wonder all I had to do was put in a 430n and add the camera very simple yet expensive.... It may be that the radio in a 14 e without the nav package is just like the res radio in a 13 Laredo e... You may have to upgrade the radio (if that is possible in a 14)... Going to be a an expensive upgrade mine cost me around 2,000 everything installed and parts so idn ... Good luck!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I had a Laredo e I added it was simple but mine is a 13 I wonder all I had to do was put in a 430n and add the camera very simple yet expensive.... It may be that the radio in a 14 e without the nav package is just like the res radio in a 13 Laredo e... You may have to upgrade the radio (if that is possible in a 14)... Going to be a an expensive upgrade mine cost me around 2,000 everything installed and parts so idn ... Good luck!
You can not change out radios in the 2014. Different architecture in these than previous models

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.