Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
'15 SRT
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it rather odd that Jeep would put power fold mirrors (finally I might add) on the $50K range overland and summit but not on the $70K range SRT. That's the one thing I'm really irritated (prob too strong of a word) about with my new '14 SRT, other than that - after one night and 30 miles, I'm in love!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
in the GCC spec's we do get them as standard, but instead we dont get the signal lights under the mirror's

i think this option varies by region

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, as u said ... We get the signals in the fenders ( euro specs) Damn fugly ...

i love the US specs (except the yellow signal) u get in the head lights

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
If I had an SRT, I wouldn't be parking next to something that I need to move the mirrors in for. Lol

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
68 Posts
Bummer, one day I will own a car that does this! I love power folding mirrors!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
the "export" SRT's may have them...thats been the case before

·
Registered
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE
470 Posts
Heres what the 13 srt8 has for mirrors.
Pwr Heat Mem Multi-Function Mirrors w/Man Fold-Away

Heres what the 14 srt8 has for mirrors.
Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
OK, here's the "options" brochure for 2013 model Aussie Jeeps.

Note the section for external mirrors. SRT should have "Power folding with memory, heated, auto dimming for both driver and passenger side, body colour (or color for you Americans lol).

A mate has just bought a ex demo 2013 SRT8. I'll check the mirrors when I get a drive of it next week some time.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It's funny. As stated above, my 2014 Summit has power folding mirrors and I thought it would be great that I finally have a vehicle that has this feature. But other than to try them and make sure they work, I have yet to remember to fold them in when I park. I think that when I lock the vehicle, they should automatically fold in on their own, but they don't. Chrysler probably doesn't want to give a self folding feature when vehicle is locked fearing warranty replacements.

·
Registered
'15 SRT
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, there should def be a setting to auto fold on lock - just like there should be an auto lowering feature when put in Park. On my '13 overland I loved the lowering feature but never remembered in time so I always had to tell my passengers don't open the door yet. Thankfully on my new SRT there is no lowering exit mode, so need to remember.

·
Registered
569 Posts
When you put it in reverse the passenger side should tilt down if you have it set up that way in the settings,I think.

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
I am working on this very mod for my 2014 SRT. I have obtained the correct part numbers for the mirrors and switch off a 2014 Summit and have also confirmed that the door harnesses are the same between my SRT and the Summit which means the high end JGCs are prewired for them. I think I will order the new switch and driver's side mirror first to minimize the cost impact if I have overlooked something. New mirrors are $500+ a piece and the new switch is about $80. I will need to swap over the mirror caps as the only power folding mirrors with blind spot indication, heat, turn signals, etc. come with chrome caps as that is the only option on Limited, Overland and Summit models. Power folding control should be driven by the switch module in the driver's door. I will keep everyone posted. Once the mod is complete I will put my old mirrors with new chrome mirror caps up for discounted sale.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
For the SRT's, think its a weight saving measure? More motors = more weight. Would still be nice to have it as an option though.

·
Premium Member
Jeep SRT
2,188 Posts
The export SRT's have this standard. Pity they do not close when you shut off the car automatically.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The mirrors only fold in manually but fold out automatically after you drive off and reach about 20k's.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts