Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading years worth of brake pads, rotors, caliper reviews questions etc on here.. Seems everyone is getting the Power Stop in some way form or another.. As well as updating from standard to the heavy duty.. I haven't read to much as far as the red powder coated calipers that come with the kit.. Are they better then OEM factory? I have an Altitude V6 4x4.. Has the factory 20s for now going to go 22s.. Also have 4 bilsteins and lowered rear with SRT springs.. I'm looking to upgrade the brake system and wondered after all this time from everyone on here if its even worth upgrading as well from standard to the heavy duty?? With the guys that kept the standard are u running bigger rims with no issues? Thinking of getting new calipers and finding a place in Ohio or shipping someplace to have powdercoated.. Didn't know if OEM are fine with the Power Stops slotted rotors and brakes or I should go with the red ones in there kit? I read somebody had get different rotors I think in the back because OEM calipers wouldn't fit or something? I have a V6 not a V8 so if I order the heavy duty do I have to put in that I have a V8 instead of the V6?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
The calipers are OEM originals, just painted red.

I personally would never run a drilled rotor, as they have been known to crack. Slotted or dimpled would be a great choice.

Stoptech has a kit with slotted rotors, pads and SS Brake lines. I would definitely upgrade to HD 350mm front brakes and also put the SS brake lines on all four corners.

I was going to upgrade to the HD brakes, but since I'm leveling/lifting and decided on 17" rims the HD brakes will not fit. I will be upgrading the rubber brake lines to SS brake lines though.

OEM calipers are fine. You'll just need the bracket to upgrade the front to the HD rotor to 350MM. There is a post with the proper part numbers on this site if you search for HD Brakes.

Edit: Mopar Front Caliper Adapter Part # 68052372AA, two of them

SD to HD upgrade

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
So u only need 2 Mopar Front Caliper Adapter Part # 68052372AA for the front... U won't need 2 more for the rear?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I wouldn't change the rear to HD. All they are is thicker which means you need different calipers by what that link says. Wasted money in my opinion. Just make sure you get the proper 350mm rotors and not the 330mm rotors for whatever brand you choose on. You might have to buy seperate rotors instead of a kit.

Make sure to read the link above so you have all the correct information

Registered
I sold thousands of power stop kits in our performance shop, honestly amazing results, we tried in evos, sti, heavy suvs, normal cars and sometimes we saw better durability and brake response than stock. I just order my front srt8 rotors and pads for my 2016 limited, got the calipers from a trackhawk for 350 shipped :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts