Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on here much, but just figured I'd post a quick review mainly because there isn't much info out there about the Toyos.

Powerstop Z26 pads only, front and rear, didn't resurface rotors (20k miles), just a quick swap 2 weeks ago. As the review on the Z23s below noted, you need to break off the squeal tab on the inside pad. So far, brake dust is WAY down. I don't want to say they stop less because I didn't do any controlled comparison. I will say they stop different. There is less initial bite, but it seems more linear and there is plenty of bite when you push the pedal down.

Toyo ST III went on this weekend. I know the true test of a tire is time, but so far I'm impressed. The Pirelli Scorpions weren't a bad tire, got 20k out of them, but I wasn't paying their price. The Toyos are a new compound, so I figured why not try them. Looks are subjective, but I think they look much better than the Pirellis. They also ride softer not being runflats, but what surprised me is the turn in is better than the Pirelli. They were a bit over inflated, so I'm going to drop the pressure back down and see if I still think the turn in is better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts