Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Jeep SRT8
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Mario!
BTW, I seem to be getting slightly better MPG too -- at least +1.5 MPG so far. I guess I'm driving it easier now that the 'bog sensation' is gone. I used to gas it more to get around it.

For those who may po-poo the small increase in MPG, consider that a +1.5 MPG is like 15% improvement when going from 10.5 MPG avg to 12 MPG around town.

I need to get a lighter right foot . . .

·
Registered
07 JEEP SRT8
436 Posts
I will be in CT for the month of February, so I am sure there will be a chance to get together, no worries.
Where in CT Matt ? Let me know when you here again , I could be 15 Min - 1 hour from you Eider way I Would like to meet up man .

:lol: You are out of luck buddy... no bracket racing on the 13th.
But it will be fun to watch the 3.7L go heads up against Peter's SRT8 :lol:.
I put my money on Peter's SRT8 with him giving you a 4 sec head start :D.
The good news for you is that you will have burned less gas on that run than his. :thumbsup:
WOW!!! That was a nice way of putting it :lol:

·
Registered
2009 Jeep SRT8
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I say 'bring the 3.7L on'! :D
Actually, I can't beat up on a fellow Jeepster. Maybe there will be some imports there or the odd TBSS :D

·
Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,632 Posts
WOW!!! That was a nice way of putting it :lol:
Yeah, Irf is my buddy so I had to put it nicely so I wouldn't hurt his feelings :D.

I say 'bring the 3.7L on'! :D
Actually, I can't beat up on a fellow Jeepster. Maybe there will be some imports there or the odd TBSS :D
Oh, there will be plenty of TBSS there that day, and I'm sure there will be plenty of imports as well.
I agree we shouldn't be racing each other, it's more fun when we race other makes. Me personally like to race against Mustangs and Vettes. And on the import side I like to run STis and EVOs too. :)

But if Irfan wants to race one of us I'm sure he would want to race Joe and his new SRT. I'm sure Joe wouldn't want to make him feel too bad either so Joe will race him with his SRT in reverse and a few seconds off the tree to Irf's advantage :).

Irf, I'm just playing with you bro, I just want you to get an SRT also :thumbsup:. And silver too :).

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,702 Posts
I'll tell ya what, as soon as I hit 60 mph, I will put cruise control on and not make the loss for Irf so bad. :D

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ouch.................. :lol:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I want to see escape run.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Where in CT Matt ? Let me know when you here again , I could be 15 Min - 1 hour from you Eider way I Would like to meet up man.
I will be in Greenwich, CT for the whole month of February. I will have that month off and be spending it with my fiance. Our weekends are planned, but she will be working during the week, so if you want to get together during the week, that would be great!!!

·
Registered
2009 Jeep SRT8
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
I will be in Greenwich, CT for the whole month of February. I will have that month off and be spending it with my fiance. Our weekends are planned, but she will be working during the week, so if you want to get together during the week, that would be great!!!
I'm down for that! Greenwich is close enough to do easily. Count me in.

QBNKID said:
Irf, I'm just playing with you bro, I just want you to get an SRT also . And silver too .
And IRF -- don't get SILVER!!! You'll just be a follower! Get BLACK. It's the fastest color!

·
Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,632 Posts
I'm down for that! Greenwich is close enough to do easily. Count me in.

And IRF -- don't get SILVER!!! You'll just be a follower! Get BLACK. It's the fastest color!
Irf knows silver is the fastest, he has driven them. I'll be more than happy to prove that on the 13th Peter ;). :D

·
Registered
2009 Jeep SRT8
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Irf knows silver is the fastest, he has driven them. I'll be more than happy to prove that on the 13th Peter ;). :D
Hey, that's not fair, I'm not running a CAI or 180 t-stat yet. I should have my catch-can by then and that's what . . . +0hp :D

What's your best? 12.x? I haven't broken into 12s yet but hey, let's line and and see. Maybe AJs tune has a surprise for both of us - LOL.

·
Registered
07 JEEP SRT8
436 Posts
Hey, that's not fair, I'm not running a CAI or 180 t-stat yet. I should have my catch-can by then and that's what . . . +0hp :D

What's your best? 12.x? I haven't broken into 12s yet but hey, let's line and and see. Maybe AJs tune has a surprise for both of us - LOL.
I think with Just the CMR 12's for you all day specially with cold weather . You should do the twin snorkel mod with the K&N drop in for now Peter .

·
Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,632 Posts

Peter my best have been 12.5 at ATCO. You should definitely be in the 12s now with the cold temps and the CMR tune.
If black is the fastest and yours being black it should make up for the extra mods I have so we should be running neck n neck :lol:.
Silver FTW :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Peter, congrats on the new Predator and Tune.

I'm thinking about getting a programmer for my beast but I didn't want to stun you guys by running in the 10's so I said let me hold off on that. :D

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,702 Posts
I would agree that Black is the fastest but only when it is PX8 black, not Brilliant Black. The metal flakes weigh you down!!!! :D

·
Registered
2009 Jeep SRT8
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Peter my best have been 12.5 at ATCO. You should definitely be in the 12s now with the cold temps and the CMR tune.
If black is the fastest and yours being black it should make up for the extra mods I have so we should be running neck n neck :lol:.
Silver FTW :thumbsup:.
HAHAHA -- well, now I have a catch can and new antenna. Should be good for 0 hp :D

Peter, congrats on the new Predator and Tune.

I'm thinking about getting a programmer for my beast but I didn't want to stun you guys by running in the 10's so I said let me hold off on that. :D
Come on -- run them 10s on us. I'd love it!

I would agree that Black is the fastest but only when it is PX8 black, not Brilliant Black. The metal flakes weigh you down!!!! :D
But I take 2 ex-Lax the night before to compensate for the flakes. LMAO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW, I've been waiting months to get a predator and it's finally here. I went down to my dealership and had AJ (known as hemituner) install one of his 'special sauce' tunes. I didn't tell me everything it has just that 'install this and let me know what you think'.

WOW. My SRT8 is a whole different beast now. Shifts are quick and firm and it feels like it pulls just a little harder. Pre-tune I ran a coulple of 4.8 sec 0-60s on the way over to the dealership. Post-tune I ran a 4.6 and a 4.5 0-60 run within 30 minutes of installing the tune.

Overall, I'm totally satisfied with it. I can't wait for ATCO on 12/13!!
Lucky! Get to be in the same state as AJ! I wish I could go directly to him for a tune. :glare:

Pete if your CMR tune is working properly and a CAI to back it up on stock exhaust you should see 4 sec flat all day , give it a few days and a few hard runs and try it .
On this run here vs a stock Jeep On a flat straight road he ran 4.5 0-60 on his AVIC , So what mine was Jugging by the distance i left him by the time i shifted to 3rd .

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=712720
I've been going back and forth between DCX and MHP for a temporary tune until I get something lined up with a local dyno. That video sways pretty hard in the MHP direction.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.