Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between Husky, MoPAR and Weathertech for my 2018 JGC Limited.
I tried searching, but the search function leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm particularly interested in the footrest being well covered, as I use that a lot.
We have salt on the roads every year so this is not an optional thing. :)
TIA!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a full set of Husky X Act black on sale on FB marketplace right now. Search in zip 46514 if you want pics.... Full coverage front and back row. Fit 2014-2019. Work great and cover the dead pedal. Half price 100.00 + cheapest shipping we could arrange. PM me if you are interested.....
These are better than WT as they lay down and are not slippery when you step in. Don't need them any longer as vehicle is going south for good.....

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Note that there are two styles of the Mopar -- a flatter style and a more bucket-like style. I have and really like the latter. (I actually bought it after first buying the former and deciding I wanted more coverage.)

Here's the bucket style:

And here's the flatter one:

They're both very sturdy and fit well, and they both match the excellent Mopar rear deck mat very nicely:

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
263 Posts
I’ve had Mopar in two JGC vehicles. I like to keep things as factory as possible and never complained about them whether it be on the trail or in the snow.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,812 Posts
I have the Mopar Slush Mats....
They are thick with design that has deep ridges/pockets to capture the water and slush... ...the front seats mats do have turned up corners as well to form a tub.... ...the back seat and rear cargo mat is flat, but refer back to the pattern with deep ridges/pockets to capture and hold water....

The mats are thick and heavy, so they lay flat.... ....but that is their downside, they are very thick and take up space, not much space really.. ..but the other mats, like Husky and weathertech are thin stiff plastic mats that are fitted to the contours.... ...they don't always lay flat though and may turned up a bit and not touch corners, but they don't take up any space at all....

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're concerned about covering the footrest (dead peddle) then I wouldn't recommend the Mopar. The Mopar liner mats only go about half way up the dead peddle. It's my only small issue with them but I can't complain they're included with the Trailhawk. Take a look at other manufacturers liners that completely cover the dead peddle.

·
Registered
2019 JGC Trailhawk
68 Posts
I kind of like the ones that came in my 2019 Trailhawk. Not overly aggressive and of course free, cannot forget the free bit. :D Now I need to get a rubber mat for the cargo area...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
..but the other mats, like Husky and weathertech are thin stiff plastic mats that are fitted to the contours.... ...
Not true at all about Husky... Husky's are pliable and soft rubber and superior to the hard slippery plastic of WT....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would avoid the Weathertech if you are concerned about the dead pedal (foot rest) area. I have them and completely not satisfied with the coverage in the area. It only covers about half the way up

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,812 Posts
Not true at all about Husky... Husky's are pliable and soft rubber and superior to the hard slippery plastic of WT....
I had Husky liners in my Jeep XK, I've never had WeatherTech, the Husky have some softness and pliability to them but not enough that they bend to fit the tub, there can be gaps between the liner and the tub at some points....

It's all relative, I think my daughter has WeatherTech or a knock off brand in her Jeep Compass and they do seem stiffer and less pliant than the Husky Liners... ...but the Husky was just a bit to stiff and less pliant for my taste, they are definitely stiffer and less pliant than the Mopar Slush Mats.

Perhaps later or other models of Husky Liners are softer and more pliable, but I don't see how you can retain shape with how thin they are without have some stiffness to them...

The Mopar are much softer, flexible and pliant.... ...but they are 3/4" thick soft rubber, the fronts have upturned edges to form a tub within the front foot tubs, and soft and pliant enough that falls and rests right on the sides of the tub with no gaps....

But 3/4" is 3/4", that is lost legroom or cargo room in the back if your squeezing things in that barely fit, and it is like your feet rest on a bit of a pillow, some might not like that.....

Another way to say, it they are all so close, I'd be happy with any of them.... ....although I'd agree not fully covering the dead pedal would be annoying.... ....I'll have to look at my Mopar Slush Mats again and report back if they fully cover the dead pedal....

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,199 Posts
Have had weather tech in other vehicles and Huskys in the Grand Cherokee. I much prefer the Huskys. They completely cover the dead pedal. After 2.5 years the Huskys have not faded. The weather techs seem to fade quickly.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
803 Posts
My new Jeep came with the Jeep mats. I had the (Husky X Act in my 14) I do like the Jeep mats but they don't cover the door sil, also to much exposed carpet around the gas pedal. The Husky X Act were much better!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trying to decide between Husky, MoPAR and Weathertech for my 2018 JGC Limited.
I tried searching, but the search function leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm particularly interested in the footrest being well covered, as I use that a lot.
We have salt on the roads every year so this is not an optional thing. :)
TIA!
I just bought the WeatherTech mats So far, I have only swapped out the drivers mat. Fits and looks great. Going from a carpet mat to this, you do need to get a little used to the hardness of the WeatherTech mat. I have about two weeks using it so far. In the long run I may go back to carpet for day-day use but install the WeatherTech mats when we would expect to track in dirt, mud, etc.

·
Registered
WK2
5 Posts
I had weather tech mats for many years in my 2012 WK2 and was pretty unhappy with them for the floor mats. The fit was correct, but my foot would always catch on the end of the mat by the seat. They also tended to curve in at the edges and not lay flat against the carpet on the sides which created more issues. Again, the hard plastic feel to them is a drawback IMO. Same thing happens with the trunk mat (edges curving in over time) which also tends to slide around a bit. Still, that one takes a beating so I just left it back there. I switched to the Mopar floor mats front and rear and am MUCH happier with them.

·
Registered
GC TH
279 Posts
I have the same OEM Mopar mats a few other have noted. I have the Weathertech mats in my WK1 SRT8 and had them in my TBSS. Like mentioned, the fit is great, but they’re thin, lightweight, and hard plastic. For the rear mat in my Trailhawk, I went with a mat from Amazon (3W) and love it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts