Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh sorry i meant to include that info, it is a CPO 5.7 V8. Dealer stated they can get us the Mopar 7 year unlimited mileage warranty for $3800. This seems high compared to what I’ve seen the same warranty go for and we will try to get it down to something more reasonable but we’re definitely getting some sort of additional warranty.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
787 Posts
Oh sorry i meant to include that info, it is a CPO 5.7 V8. Dealer stated they can get us the Mopar 7 year unlimited mileage warranty for $3800. This seems high compared to what I’ve seen the same warranty go for and we will try to get it down to something more reasonable but we’re definitely getting some sort of additional warranty.
The best price I was able to find was at this site. https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dealer stated they can get us the Mopar 7 year unlimited mileage warranty for $3800.
I'm sure they'd like to sell it for that much. You can find the same Mopar warranty for probably around $2,700 with a bit of searching.

I bought the lifetime bumper-to-bumper version of that warranty for my '18 GC last September for $2,650. That one is no longer available. My local dealer said they would sell it to me at their cost when I bought my GC. I think they were just trying to outdo one of the popular internet warranty sellers (Tom Winkels), who had quoted me a price of $2,750.

You said the Jeep has 48k miles on it. I have read that you can buy a Mopar extended warranty up to 4 years or 48,000 miles. If it has even 1 more mile beyond 48k you might want to check before you get too far along.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So what's the general guideline as far as discount off msrp of a 2019 GC in the 50k range? Is 10% off msrp considered a good deal? Higher? Lower?

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
787 Posts
Did you check the web site I posted a few days ago? I just checked and here's what I found (there were other prices for different lengths of time).

8 yrs - 125,000 miles - $2505 (marked down from $3405)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you check the web site I posted a few days ago? I just checked and here's what I found (there were other prices for different lengths of time).

Yes I did, thank you! The dealer states the car has 48,300 miles on it so I'm wondering how they're able to get us the Mopar 7yr/unlimited miles warranty. Are we getting duped? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
There are, I believe, some Mopar extended service contracts that are available for used vehicles over 48K. They are different plans than the Mopar Maximum Care Extended Service Contracts available for vehicles below 48mos/48K miles.

·
Registered
GC TH
279 Posts
That price seems too high for the mileage, even though it’s loaded. I just bought my ‘19 similarly equipped for $48k, 20 miles on it (brand new). Others had even better luck on new vehicles.

I also got the 7/100 Mopar Warranty from the dealer for ~$2200.

·
Registered
GC TH
279 Posts
So what's the general guideline as far as discount off msrp of a 2019 GC in the 50k range? Is 10% off msrp considered a good deal? Higher? Lower?
It varies, but 10-15% seems to be the average depending on incentives. Some have gotten stellar deals, but I don’t think that’s the norm.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Oh brother. That website quotes 5-year, 125,000 miles for $1,950 for my new '19 GC. The dealer finance guy when I closed my deal last week quoted $4,750 for the same package. That's theft. Needless to say I passed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2019 Trailhawk sting grey MSRP was $50,280 and paid $42,380 after dealer discount and incentives. This price was before tax and license. Packages included luxury and safety. Lots of compliments on the color. Drives far smother and quieter than my 2014 limited 4x4. I love it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Prices paid 2018 Grand Cherokee

Just got a new deal (lease) on a 2019 High Altitude. MSRP was $52,985. Out of pocket total $1000, payments of $519/mo., 39 months/12K miles.

I reached out to two respected brokers at leasehackr.com to see if anything better could be possible with current incentives and they say this is a pretty good deal already, so I signed.
u get premium sound for this deal?

non California lease, correct? This deals freaking amazing!!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just bought a new 2019 Trailhawk in Sting Gray with Luxury Group Pacakge and 5.7 Hemi. MSRP was $52,080 and got it for $42,300. Nearly 10k off ($3,500 incentives). With $1,500 down my lease payment came out to about $500 a month for 36 month, 12k per year.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
47 Posts
Just bought a new 2019 Trailhawk in Sting Gray with Luxury Group Pacakge and 5.7 Hemi. MSRP was $52,080 and got it for $42,300. Nearly 10k off ($3,500 incentives). With $1,500 down my lease payment came out to about $500 a month for 36 month, 12k per year.
I’m curious, if you lease or finance the vehicle will you get a better price versus paying cash. Some of these deals seem very impressive at roughly 20% below MSRP. I’ve historically bought cars coming off lease and mostly found on eBay. The two new Jeeps I’ve purchased in the last 15 months have been the exception to my norm, both were bought at about 5% below “dealer cost”, which is a misnomer I’m sure.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
I’m curious, if you lease or finance the vehicle will you get a better price versus paying cash. Some of these deals seem very impressive at roughly 20% below MSRP. I’ve historically bought cars coming off lease and mostly found on eBay. The two new Jeeps I’ve purchased in the last 15 months have been the exception to my norm, both were bought at about 5% below “dealer cost”, which is a misnomer I’m sure.
It shouldn't matter if you are leasing, financing or paying cash...you should be agreeing on a price before you even discuss how to pay for the vehicle. Dealer often do have skin in the game for financing and/or leasing, depending on the source of the money, but don't put that on the table before you agree on what you are going to pay for the vehicle.

Both MSRP and Invoice Price (base dealer cost) are what they are. I prefer to judge a vehicle price by percent under invoice. Our Jeep Garage group buys are structured that way and are 5-7% below invoice, depending on the model/trim. That's before any manufacturer incentives that the buyer may be eligible, either at time of order or time of delivery.

241 - 260 of 295 Posts