Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m curious, if you lease or finance the vehicle will you get a better price versus paying cash. Some of these deals seem very impressive at roughly 20% below MSRP. I’ve historically bought cars coming off lease and mostly found on eBay. The two new Jeeps I’ve purchased in the last 15 months have been the exception to my norm, both were bought at about 5% below “dealer cost”, which is a misnomer I’m sure.
Yes, you can get a better deal on leases at specific times because of MFG incentives. In my case the lease had $3,500 in incentives compared to only $1,000 in purchase. Combined with 9% under invoice + MFG incentives gave me about $10k off in total. The one aspect of leasing is making sure the dealer isn't marking up the MF% and the residuals change over time - I ran into this at a few dealers. For reference the residual on my 19' Trailhawk was .49 if I recall which in general terms actually is on the low side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some of the deals I've seen in this thread (which I read / skimmed for pages upon pages) is insane.

I'm looking at a pretty loaded and new Limited 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel 4x4. From my research, Invoice is approx. $50k from utilizing that website (the WK2 Jeep page) with all the options and whatnot. They're asking mid 40's, but I've read some people get that same price for like Trailhawks, Overland's, etc.

This is insane...

EDIT: I will continue to peruse this forum as I attempt to write a paper, but are the incentives / "deals" for new 2018's out the window because it's so old now?? Help :/ and thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
jedirye, I'd be very surprised if there were any active incentives for MY18 vehicles at this point since they haven't been manufactured for a year (production stopped in about July 2018) and MY20 is about to start building, if they haven't already. I would probably be pretty unusual to actually find one that's still "new". That said, if you did, one would think that a dealer would like to move that vehicle out and be willing to price accordingly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Some of the deals I've seen in this thread (which I read / skimmed for pages upon pages) is insane.

I'm looking at a pretty loaded and new Limited 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel 4x4. From my research, Invoice is approx. $50k from utilizing that website (the WK2 Jeep page) with all the options and whatnot. They're asking mid 40's, but I've read some people get that same price for like Trailhawks, Overland's, etc.

This is insane...

EDIT: I will continue to peruse this forum as I attempt to write a paper, but are the incentives / "deals" for new 2018's out the window because it's so old now?? Help :/ and thanks.
If you can't get over $10-12k off I'd walk. Incentives make up a decent part of the savings and with a leftover 18' you aren't going to get that. You would probably get a better deal on a 20' ecodiesel since they should be making them here soon now that the EPA stuff is mostly over. I would think a dealer should be pretty aggressive on that old of a model, because frankly the resale has already taken a large hit just sitting on the lot depreciating. I wouldn't pay above high 30's to be honest, you would be upside down by the time they hand you the keys.

For reference I got a fully loaded 2019 Hemi TH for $42k and it stickered over $52k and was a dealer order (never seen the lot). That's definitely on the better end of deals I've seen but not unheard of. I bargained multiple dealers but a little time and sales tactic goes a long way. Don't be afraid to shop multiple dealers because I seen $10k+ differences in "deals" when quoting most Jeep dealers in my area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm looking at a 19 Limted, stickers at $44200 , internet price $37100.
Not sure where you get an invoice price.
How's the price … good, bad?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm looking at a 19 Limted, stickers at $44200 , internet price $37100.
Not sure where you get an invoice price.
How's the price … good, bad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a 2019 Slate Blue Limited X. Traded in our 2016 75th Anniversary. Will miss the ventilated seats but never used our tow package so that didn't matter. The Slate Blue looks really sharp.

MSRP: $51,975
Price Before Tax and Trade w/0% Financing: $46,000 (11.5% below MSRP)
OTD including trade: $40,479

Got a great price on the new car. Kinda got screwed on the trade-in but it had been involved in a small fender bender that was reported.

How do you guys think I did?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently looking at a 2019 Limited X 4x2. MSRP $50,125. Dealer discount of $6340 + rebates of $2750 if I finance through Chrysler, which would bring the adjusted price to $41,035 + TTL.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Make it easier on yourself, especially rolling into this time of year. Base it off sticker comparing comparable features....MSRP.... and look for 15 or 16 percent or more off that price. I got 16.7% off sticker on my 2017 Loaded Trailhawk with Hemi. I did travel from Denver to Portland, but the savings was worth it. Plus a great drive home. Used Car Gurus to search and find deals. There are dealers who list their bottom price. I traveled there since dealers in CO or even TX wouldn't deal and were a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
600 Posts
2019 Limited - Slate Blue
Sticker: $44,235
Down Payment: $1,500 covered 1st payment ($415) and all fees due at lease signing (i.e. reg, license, motor vehicle)
Dealer also paid my remaining $1,200 from existing lease.
Lease Payment: $415
Term: 39 Months 10k miles/year

·
Registered
Overland
1 Posts
2019 Overland - Velvet Red V6 Gas
Sticker: $50,240
Discounted Price: $44,000
Trade-in Value $42,000
Price Paid $2000.00 plus tax/title/extended warranty (covered to 84mo and 120K miles)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sticker: Just under $48k
Down Payment: $3200 + about $1k in positive equity on trade in
Lease Payment: $400
Term: 39 Months 15k miles/year (The 15k per year was actually a screw up on their part, it was supposed to be 12k but the lady messed up the paperwork and they ended up honoring it rather than doing the paperwork all over.

This was a few months ago, I just never posted about it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sticker: Just under $48k
Down Payment: $3200 + about $1k in positive equity on trade in
Lease Payment: $400
Term: 39 Months 15k miles/year (The 15k per year was actually a screw up on their part, it was supposed to be 12k but the lady messed up the paperwork and they ended up honoring it rather than doing the paperwork all over.

This was a few months ago, I just never posted about it.
At 48k sticker I am assuming you have a Limited X? By the way, I love the new slate blue. Here is a pic of my Limited;
20190731_200529.jpg

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
599 Posts
Sticker: $44,235
Down Payment: $1,500 covered 1st payment ($415) and all fees due at lease signing (i.e. reg, license, motor vehicle)
Dealer also paid my remaining $1,200 from existing lease.
Lease Payment: $415
Term: 39 Months 10k miles/year
Technically you are paying that $1200 from the old lease. The dealer may say they paid it off for you but they just rolled it into your new payment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At 48k sticker I am assuming you have a Limited X? By the way, I love the new slate blue. Here is a pic of my Limited; View attachment 218709
Nope, not a Limited X. Mine has the Luxury II and Active Safety Group packages.

I agree though, I really like the color even though it wasn't originally my color of choice. Just took this picture of mine, kinda dirty, but still looks pretty good. I like the light interior on mine too.

EDIT: For some reason my picture won't upload, it is saying I have an invalid forum ID, which obviously I don't if I am editing this post. I will try and upload later.

261 - 280 of 295 Posts