Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of research the Max care unlimited warranty really seems like a great idea. The primary reason we ever trade in or buy a new vehicle is the looming threat of having to spend money on expensive out of warranty repairs.

Just curious where the cheapest place to get one would be?

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,661 Posts
Use Google. There are several dealers selling on the internet. Just be sure you are getting the Chrysler, not a third party, warranty, if that is what you want. Once you get a price you can either buy through the internet as I did, or bring that price to your dealer to see if they will match it.

· Administrator
11,979 Posts
I paid $2180 for my lifetime Max Care service contract from an online Chrysler dealer. (It's not a "warranty"...) That was about the lowest available at the time.

Reactions: randyaxion

· Registered
515 Posts
Do you have a deductible? If so, how much? I just can't find anything anywhere close to the price you paid.
Try chryslerwarrantys.com

Get a quote. Don't act on it right away. In about 1-2 wks they will send you a discount code good for $207 off the original quote.
I got a quote 5-wks ago and I get emailed a discount code about once per wk.

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
My dealer matched the online price without the slightest quibble.
Ditto.

And, just for consideration... We went with the 7yr/100k mile Max Care contract. Our reasoning is that this one is transferable, whereas the lifetime is NOT.

Reactions: randyaxion

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Whether the lifetime is trasferable depends on what state you are in. Florida appears to be one in which it is.

Are several deductables, I chose the $100 and bought lifetime added care + instead of maxcare. My reasoning was that the savings paid for the service manual several times over & small repairs can be done for less than a benjamin.

ps asked my dealer if they would match and they wouldn't.

· Registered
269 Posts
Just as an FYI, when my dealer was trying to sell me on it, he said that since I had a control number, and was a part of the Chrysler affiliate program, I could also get a discount on the lifetime max care. I think his quote was a little over $1800. So in case anyone else is part of that, ask about it.

I did not buy it, since he told me that price would be good for a while, so I wanted to wait a bit.

· Registered
364 Posts
I guess I'll be looking for something for our 2014 GC Overland as well. I'll have to start reading the fine print I guess. :)

· Administrator
11,979 Posts
I only went with the lifetime service contract because of the miles I'm putting on the JGC...which are piling up faster than they used to because of some job-related travel where it's just plain easier to drive than fly.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would the lifetime warranty be transferable if we sold it to someone in Florida or North Carolina if we don't live in either state?? I see that being a huge selling point especially once the vehicle gets some mileage on it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.