Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 w/remote start, got in, tried to start up with push button, all the lights on the transmission shifter are blinking together yellow. Radio is on and dash is on, but engine not starting. Random errors on the dash, SVC 4WD, thinks it's in Drive (but is in park), etc. Pressing the push button to turn everything off does nothing. Button says it's in RUN. Had to disconnect both batteries to get everything to shut off again.

Lightning struck my house this same evening, so not sure if that's at play here.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Sometimes disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10+ minutes will reset the car's computer and whatever problem was happening goes away. Did you leave the batteries disconnected for at least that long before reattaching them?

· Registered
3 Posts
I did not, I only tried it disconnected for a few minutes.

Ended up taking it to the dealership. A fried transmission control module seems to be the culprit. Waiting to see if that fixed it, but I'll report back if that was the entire issue.
Did you ever find out if this was the problem? I’m having the same issue

· Registered
979 Posts
Honestly seems like the park switch isn’t working. Hence the “it thinks it’s in drive” comment.
try shifting to neutral then try starting to confirm this suspicion.
I believe something is up with the park feedback switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts