Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
117 Posts
Took the Jeep in for a few items and mentioned the problem. They said it’s a known issue and have to replace some sort of pump part.
Hmm, if it's a known problem, there should be a TSB on it. What year is yours? Did you get the fix done and, if so (or when you do), can you check the invoice to see if there's a TSB number mentioned? The dealer won't do that sort of thing for "free" unless they can bill back to FCA, which would require a TSB (or recall) usually.

Brad

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2018 sterling edition Jeep went in to investigate the crackling noise on the upgraded alpine speaker system as well as to install a hitch. I brought up the gas issue when I dropped it off. He mentioned he knew about this issue and the part may be backordered. I’ll follow up when I pick it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately the service department had left when I picked up the car. On the invoice it says the following.

68250911AI Tube Fuel Filler
Claim Type - W

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
117 Posts
So they claimed to have fixed the problem? Looking forward to your observations on the next few fillups. If this indeed fixes it, I'll have to queue up for the same. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone else having this problem on their 2017 grand cherokee?

I had a 2015 and everything was 100% fine --

Just got a 2017 GC and I CANT fill the tank without it "clicking" and stopping before having to squeeze the gas handle again. I can usually only get to $10-$15 of gas before it gets so frustrating and I just have to give up. The pump just clicks off as if the tank is full, but its not.....

Am I using the wrong angle putting the nozzle into the gas tank or something? Has anyone else experienced this? This happens to me at every gas station I go to since I got the car....

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Happens only with EVR pump (i.e California)

It happens on my 16MY occasionally but only some pumps. Turn the gun 90 degree and hold it with hands the entire time. Go to a different gas station and see if you get any lucks.

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Altitude
138 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have this problem at the Safeway Gas stations I goto, but really not so much at others. At Safeway, based on this thread, I learned to just turn the gas nozzle upside down and it works fine. I'm pretty impatient when I fill up my jeep, and there is usually a line, so I don't want to be "that guy" who is taking too long to fill up.

But, I'm going to keep this thread in mind when I take my vehicle in for it's next service and mention the part that was mentioned here and see if they know of a common issue and replace my tube fuel filler as well.

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
117 Posts
It would be so much easier if we could find a TSB number. We can't trust the dealers to know if it's a common problem and tell us. I like to go in armed with the TSB number and/or a printed copy so that they know that I know that it is.
Unfortunately, not seeing such a TSB on wk2jeeps.com yet. :-(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Never had that issue on Mubarak’s 2015 gc but my dad needs his 2018 Dodge Durango gas tank vapor valve or something relaxed per the dealership. Has had the same issues as you. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue from the day I bought 2016 gc brand new. Took to dealer 3 different times. They replaced the nozzle fewtimes but the issue still there.. Horrible service team from Jeep wont take any responsibility for their issues and so finally they cant fix the issue and one time dealer tries to sell me new vechile. I Wont buy another vehicle from this brand and won't recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else having this problem on their 2017 grand cherokee?

I had a 2015 and everything was 100% fine --

Just got a 2017 GC and I CANT fill the tank without it "clicking" and stopping before having to squeeze the gas handle again. I can usually only get to $10-$15 of gas before it gets so frustrating and I just have to give up. The pump just clicks off as if the tank is full, but its not.....

Am I using the wrong angle putting the nozzle into the gas tank or something? Has anyone else experienced this? This happens to me at every gas station I go to since I got the car....

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I had this issue as well. I fill up my 18 GC every other day and it took me a while.. but I will attach a video to explain the issue. If for some reason the video doesn't load feel free to email me for it [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem for my 2018 GC. It happens at Costco and safeway Gas station but not at Arco station. I have visited dealership a few times. They changed the filler neck and not solve problem, then they changed gas tank, the problem still there. Wonder if it suit for lemon car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem for my 2018 GC. It happens at Costco and safeway Gas station but not at Arco station. I have visited dealership a few times. They changed the filler neck and not solve problem, then they changed gas tank, the problem still there. Wonder if it suit for lemon car?
please email me at [email protected] I'll send you a video. Can't post it online it's too large but I found the issue-no it doesn't wualkfy for lemon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
please email me at [email protected] I'll send you a video. Can't post it online it's too large but I found the issue-no it doesn't wualkfy for lemon.
qualify

·
Registered
102 Posts

The EVR pump (i.e California) is always a trouble maker, it's not something wrong with Jeep. I even experience more issue on my new Audi A5.

The big rubber boot on EVR nozzle kinda prevent nozzle going all the way in, that's the source of this issue.

For example, in Michigan I have never had this issue on my WK2 as EVR pump is not mandate.

Try different gas stations and different pumps.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have this same issue with my 2015 here in California.

The easiest solution I've found is to put the nozzle in UPSIDE DOWN.

The nozzle does fit in upside down with no problem.

BUT... I have no idea if the overflow cutoff will work when doing this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
probably it is not always EVR pump problems. Last week we went to Arizona. On the way from Petrified Forest National Park to Monument Valley. We tried to fill gas at Burnside Chevron at the junction of HWY 191 and HWY 264. It is the most difficult time to fill in gas even we changed different pump. The pump almost keep clicking for every 0.1 gallon. Luckily we see another gas station nearby and filled without problem. Otherwise we will be stuck in middle of Arizona desert.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts