Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted on other threads of the issues I'm having with my 2014, Uconnect, Water in front headlights, Seal rear passenger window, headunit reloading while driving and now water in the tail light assembly. I'm not sure what happened to the quality check but I am very concerned as to the QA/QC with the 2014. I plan to contact Jeep first thing on Monday to vent. I sure hope others are not having these problems.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Meant to add my build date was March 13th.
Funny, that's a Wednesday, I remember reading Wednesday is a good day to have your car built, unless it's the day before a holiday.
Sorry to hear about all your problems, hope you can get them straightened out. I'm sure it's taken the fun out of your new vehicle. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Wonderful. smh Gonna have to make a tough decision by the end of this week.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you guys believe anything these Ford trolls post on here about quality issues, I have a deal for you on a bridge in NY! :)
Just go to the Explorer/Edge forums and look and see if the issues are similar!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Please post pics of your problems. ....

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you guys believe anything these Ford trolls post on here about quality issues, I have a deal for you on a bridge in NY! :)

Troll ??? far from it AH- What are you talking about ??? Attached pictures of the water in the drivers tail light assembly off my 2014 Summit

Attachments

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts

what the hell does this have to do with this guys problems?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Well, it looks like the Italian side of Jeep is rearing its ugly head....

·
Registered
877 Posts
Seal rear passenger window
Got a picture of this? Mine looks slightly messed up on both sides too, not sure if it's what you're talking about. However, I brought it to the dealer's attention and he showed me all of the other ones on the lot that looked exactly the same and the response was "that's how they're making them" so they wouldn't do anything about it.

It's not been leaking, so I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I called jeep today checking on my ordered summit(scheduled to be produced 3/8 but no movement yet) I asked about the unconnect issue and was told that they are aware of the issue. The representative told me that if you have an iPhone, iPhones have some kind of security measure that locks out. She said it is not an issue with uconnect but with the Apple software. I hope either way I do not have issues. My iPhone is at version 6.1.3 and they are good with 6.0. Her recommendation was not update my iPhone anymore. Not my idea of a solution

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
My wife has an iPhone 5 and will be thrilled to hear that.....

·
Registered
3,617 Posts

·
Registered
2020 JGC Limited X
23 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone. I"m moving from a 2008 Overland to a 2014 Summit this week..only thing that stuck out was a crooked tail pipe bezel (easily fixed). I"ll keep a look out for anything other problems

·
Registered
'12 ram 4d 4x dually
286 Posts
Was gonna swap our 13 for a diesel 14, but I think I'll give them a year to get any new bugs worked out...especially cuz we just went from IPhone 4's to 5's...the wife wouldn't like not being able to use her phone, bad news for jeep if my little Italian got her feathers in a ruffle;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts