Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several issues unresolved, maybe someone can put me on the right track.
1) I cannot figure out how to program the easy entry/exit fearure of the air suspension. When I try to follow the instructions the option does not appear in the menu.
2) Same issue when trying to pair my key fob with the seat memory.
3) On several occasions the system completely stopped working. I would not be able to use the touch screen and the VR button did not work.
4) Finally, none of the audio streaming apps actually work, all I have is Bing. Nobody at Uconnect could tell me anything about when these advertised features would actually become available

Any thoughts? I contacted customer service through the assiatance button on the mirror but they apparently had no idea and said they would get back to me. It has been almost 1 week.

Other than these irritating issues i absolutely love my overland

Thanks,

john

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Did you look at the owners manual for UConnect?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Well, I know the answer to #4, the audio streaming apps are not available yet. Even then, you have to use your phones cell service and data plan to stream them. So I'm not 100% sure what the difference between the Apps and just streaming TuneIn, Slacker or Pandora over the "Media Bluetooth" would be. Right now I find it pretty easy to just stream over the bluetooth. Also, the bluetooth streaming works a crap load better compared to the system in our old 2011.

Right now the main problem i have with the system is it will not save my settings. Like the actual SETTINGS, horn honk with lock, all doors unlock, liftgate chime....etc. I will tap on the Check box, uncheck something and then 3 seconds later it will automatically put a check back in the box. WTF?

Also, has anyone figured out how to get the ECO/"Fuel Saver Technology" light to show up on the main dash screen?

·
Registered
186 Posts
exactly which things expire after the "free" period on the GC? Like traffic etc etc...and what are the costs to extend service for each item..I don't know what all you lose after trial period.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
exactly which things expire after the "free" period on the GC? Like traffic etc etc...and what are the costs to extend service for each item..I don't know what all you lose after trial period.
The prices will be whatever they are a year from now. The User's Guide should let you know what expires.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
xm radio and XM traffic/weather are seperate from the uconnect services. You get a free years worth of service for both of those. Pricing is available on the XM website,

The Uconnect services are also free for a year, they consist of 911/assist(roadside assistance) and remote access features(see, remote lock/unlock remote start from your smart phone) These services work through the onboard sprint 3g connection. It's basically like onstar except it uses cell service instead of satellite service. Wifi hotspot is optional for an additional fee.

At this time the pricing to extend the uconnect services has not been released.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have several issues unresolved, maybe someone can put me on the right track.
1) I cannot figure out how to program the easy entry/exit fearure of the air suspension. When I try to follow the instructions the option does not appear in the menu.
Hi, did you ever solve this question around entry/exit height through Uconnect settings. The manual says it's there but I couldn't find it either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also, has anyone figured out how to get the ECO/"Fuel Saver Technology" light to show up on the main dash screen?
Actually I'm having this issue too. What does Fuel Saver in the EVIC do anyway?

·
Registered
311 Posts
The only problem I have is the settings getting back to previous checkbox after about 3 secs as well! How do we do software upgrades? is that done over 3g or through usb stick? couldn't find anything on the manual

the easy/entry set is disabled by default, you have to enable in the uconnect settings, if you actually can do that. same for the key fob sync. Haven't tried that, but wouldn't be surprised if the setting just comes back to disabled after a couple of seconds.

Another thing is, does it actually have internal memory so we can copy music to it? or the internal GBs of memory are used just for the system itself?

EDIT:

found it, but no updates at this time!

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

EDIT2:

I believe I found the problem with the 3 secs settings rollback. It will work for me if the start is on the run position, engine off. Before I believe I was trying on ACC. So try the on/run position and change the settings to see if they are gonna stay set.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi, did you ever solve this question around entry/exit height through Uconnect settings. The manual says it's there but I couldn't find it either.
same for me! option is not there! anyone found it? I have the transport, tire change and one more but not the easy entry/exit :-(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope, coundn't find anything about this in Uconnect but as I thought about it later I realized the system would not be able to distinguish the difference between me coming to a stop at a light and parking etc so I dont think the feature is actually available.

Not I am having other issues as i am now starting to use the navigation. I simply cannot get the VR to recognize anything i say and it completely shuts down just about everytime i use it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
nope, coundn't find anything about this in Uconnect but as I thought about it later I realized the system would not be able to distinguish the difference between me coming to a stop at a light and parking etc so I dont think the feature is actually available.

Not I am having other issues as i am now starting to use the navigation. I simply cannot get the VR to recognize anything i say and it completely shuts down just about everytime i use it.
The VR have a hard time understanding, I'm better now that I took a look at the voice commands tips and tricks document

http://www.driveuconnect.com/pdf/UconnectVoiceCommands.pdf

About the park lower suspension, I think it could set it up once you get car gear into parking, or even after you shut down the engine, like the seat and steering wheel! I still think this is a bug and it should be there! I hate to have to push the button!

·
Registered
41 Posts
same for me! option is not there! anyone found it? I have the transport, tire change and one more but not the easy entry/exit :-(
OK, it's clearly not there...maybe a future update.

Also, my option to display Fuel Saver in the EVIC seems to have fallen off since yesterday...it's not in my options any more. I don't even know what it is, maybe it's something to do with the HEMI (mine is a V6).

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
OK, it's clearly not there...maybe a future update.

Also, my option to display Fuel Saver in the EVIC seems to have fallen off since yesterday...it's not in my options any more. I don't even know what it is, maybe it's something to do with the HEMI (mine is a V6).
The only place I saw a fuel saver display was right in front of the steering wheel. I access it with the buttons on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Didn't know this was actually an option?

Usually Easy Exit/Entry means that the steering column goes up and the seat slides back. As far as I know the air suspension will not work when a door is opened, unless something has changed for the 2014 model year. And the mechanicals for the Seat Easy Exit/Entry only begins to work when the door is opened.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Didn't know this was actually an option?

Usually Easy Exit/Entry means that the steering column goes up and the seat slides back. As far as I know the air suspension will not work when a door is opened, unless something has changed for the 2014 model year. And the mechanicals for the Seat Easy Exit/Entry only begins to work when the door is opened.
the seat easy exit/entry start working when the egine is turned off.

there should be another option as per the user manual to lower suspension when gear is put on park position, but the option described isn't there! it's just missing :-(

·
Registered
41 Posts
the seat easy exit/entry start working when the egine is turned off.

there should be another option as per the user manual to lower suspension when gear is put on park position, but the option described isn't there! it's just missing :-(
Agreed, it's referred to in the manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same problem with the easy entry /exit. The dealer has been working with Chrysler and they determined that there was some kind of mismatch with my radio. They replaced my radio and it did not fix the problem. Now I have been working with a tech from Uconnect to register my radio. We have done several reboots including a hard reboot through the engineering menu. They said the registration problem is wide spread and is Being worked on I will find out more today when they call me back. I should have mentioned I have a 2014 GC Summit V6.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am having the same problem with the easy entry /exit. The dealer has been working with Chrysler and they determined that there was some kind of mismatch with my radio. They replaced my radio and it did not fix the problem. Now I have been working with a tech from Uconnect to register my radio. We have done several reboots including a hard reboot through the engineering menu. They said the registration problem is wide spread and is Being worked on I will find out more today when they call me back. I should have mentioned I have a 2014 GC Summit V6.

Please let us know what you learn, I am planning to bring my overland to the dealer soon and it would be good the have some reference info. My Uconnect is possessed at times!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts