Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk 5.7L HEMI soon to be procharged!! Just waiting on the mail man!!
14 Posts
i feel bad you wrote all that out.... the new Trinity T2 makes it super simple, hit top of screen, press red record button for data logging. then name and save file and view on data viewer software on laptop.

i am going to data log some driving today so i can send the files over to procharger so they can clean this tune up a little, hopefully they will lower my fan kick on temps as well.

i still need to find some time to figure out how the hell to modify there piece of crap windshield washer resivour. out of the whole kit that was the most dissapointing part... even there coolant overflow was crap and barely fit i had to weld a bracket system up to make it work so it wouldnt be sitting on top of my ecu harness's. but hey there in the supercharger business not the overflow tank business so if thats the only down fall..

for 10k i wish they would have not been cheap at the last min and not included tbar clamps for every single connection. i mean i know there $7 a piece but why get cheap on the most important part? if your leaking its doing no good...

thanks for all the info and help so far guys!! ill keep you posted as i go..

·
Registered
25 Posts
So glad to hear you got it installed. You said you were only seeing 4psi which is really low but did not mention at what rpm level your reading was taken at? Are you getting a kPa number and converting it or are you getting a psi reading? I see about 146 kPa max which is around 6.7 psi @ 5,600 rpm's. As you can see in my data log the boost pressure goes up and down directly with the rpm's. Procharger tuned mine on the dyno and ran it up to around 6,200 rpm's which yielded 7.3psi.
I lost all boost pressure one time due to the hose going from the supercharger to the blow off valve coming off at the valve as it wasn't tight enough. The loss of pressure on yours might be a bad valve or the valve not closing all the way. If you have the valve that has the arm to acuate it, the arm may be getting hung up on something causing it not to close all the way. It is kind of a bitch to get at through the fender wall to check it out but doable.
Keep us up to date on your progress!

·
Registered
25 Posts
On a side note, I was able to adjust the shift points of 1>2, 2>3 so that I am not bouncing off of the rev limiters anymore. :)

To get more power, the engines rev limit was raised to 6400 rpms. By the time the transmission saw 6400 rpms and completed the shift, it was hitting 6700 rpms (which was the transmission rev limiter) o_O

So now my 1>2 shift is at 6100 rpms, and my 2>3 shift is at 6000 rpms. Those were the only two gears that I was having an issue with.

I pulled the trigger on a set of SRT differentials for the 3.70 gear ratios (I am currently waiting on back order from the dealer for the rear diff.). Depending on how much harder it pulls, I might have to fine tune the transmission's shift points again. :D
Did you ever get your new gear sets?

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
i feel bad you wrote all that out.... the new Trinity T2 makes it super simple, ...
BUT, definitely helpful for anybody trying to data log on the older Trinity model. (y)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Did you ever get your new gear sets?
Not yet, doesn't look like it will be shipped until Monday, January 10, I hope. I got an email on Friday asking if I had a business address to ship to... I told them to ship to the house, I have the means to assist with unloading if necessary. lol

I am also seeing about 146 kPa @ 5900 RPM, I have a larger pulley to keep it below 7 PSI because of my higher shift points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just went through the calculation from kPa to PSI and the formula is as follows. (I was using an online conversation chart that was not very accurate).
0 kPa = -14.6959494 PSIG of vacuum.
1 kPa = 0.145037738 PSIG
So, in my case 146 kPa * 0.145067738 + -14.6959492 = 6.48 PSIG not 6.7 that I mentioned before. Figure about 20-25hp per 1 pound of boost so if you are at 4 PSIG you are about 60-75hp down.
I hope someone finds this formula helpful as it is hard to find it spelled out correctly.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk 5.7L HEMI soon to be procharged!! Just waiting on the mail man!!
14 Posts
Was just going to ask about converting.
So im reading the synthesized boost pid which reads intake boost and vacuum. I need to look through the trinity and find intake kPa it looks like and then convert.

Are you subtracting the 14.6959492 due to atmospheric pressure standard?

Im going to see if i have a kpa pid on the trinity. Would be nice to know what im actually getting psi wise.

I guess i could just order an aem boost sending unit and hook it to the vacuum bar procharger included in there kit. Then run my eas sensor off it to the trinity for a reading?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was just going to ask about converting.
So im reading the synthesized boost pid which reads intake boost and vacuum. I need to look through the trinity and find intake kPa it looks like and then convert.

Are you subtracting the 14.6959492 due to atmospheric pressure standard?

Im going to see if i have a kpa pid on the trinity. Would be nice to know what im actually getting psi wise.

I guess i could just order an aem boost sending unit and hook it to the vacuum bar procharger included in there kit. Then run my eas sensor off it to the trinity for a reading?
There is atmospheric pressure and temperature to consider as that will affect how much boost you can make.
0 kPa starts out as a negative number (vacuum) and does not go into boost until around 101.32
When you are running down the road and it is showing like 34 kPa it is under vacuum (-9.76 PSIG) and not boost.
The 2 Bar sensor that comes with the Procharger kit can read up around 14.3 PSIG boost, anything after that you need a higher bar sensor like a turbo car may have. My trinity defaults to kPa and it is a big trick to get it to read PSIG so I have gotten used to reading kPa.
Did a quick Excel chart below by 1 kPa increments for an easy conversion.
kPaPSIG
0​
-14.696​
1​
-14.551​
100​
-0.192​
101​
-0.047​
102​
0.098​
103​
0.243​
104​
0.388​
105​
0.533​
106​
0.678​
107​
0.823​
108​
0.968​
109​
1.113​
110​
1.258​
111​
1.403​
112​
1.548​
113​
1.693​
114​
1.838​
115​
1.983​
116​
2.128​
117​
2.273​
118​
2.419​
119​
2.564​
120​
2.709​
121​
2.854​
122​
2.999​
123​
3.144​
124​
3.289​
125​
3.434​
126​
3.579​
127​
3.724​
128​
3.869​
129​
4.014​
130​
4.159​
131​
4.304​
132​
4.449​
133​
4.594​
134​
4.739​
135​
4.884​
136​
5.029​
137​
5.174​
138​
5.319​
139​
5.464​
140​
5.609​
141​
5.754​
142​
5.899​
143​
6.044​
144​
6.189​
145​
6.335​
146​
6.480​
147​
6.625​
148​
6.770​
149​
6.915​
150​
7.060​
151​
7.205​
152​
7.350​
153​
7.495​
154​
7.640​

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got a question for those of you that have either put a Procharger or Vortech supercharger on your jeeps. Did you have to do any modification to the fuel pump assembly to be able to get into boost? Anything like a boostapump or even swapping out the fuel pump with something like a walbro pump?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve got a question for those of you that have either put a Procharger or Vortech supercharger on your jeeps. Did you have to do any modification to the fuel pump assembly to be able to get into boost? Anything like a boostapump or even swapping out the fuel pump with something like a walbro pump?
With my year ('17) i have stock double fuel pumps so it more than enough to support what procharger will be sending you unless your going custom and beyond. Ive seen nothing to worry about on drop in fuel pressure when stomping on it for a wot pull. I usually see about 52psi and when i get on her it drops to about 47psi but climbs right back up. One thing you do have to be careful with though is going wide open throttle with less than a quarter tank of gas, There are no baffles in the tank so you can slosh all the fuel to the back of the tank from the momentum and starve the pumps at a 1/4 tank or less. (Procahrger makes this clear also in there install manual)

·
Registered
3 Posts
With my year ('17) i have stock double fuel pumps so it more than enough to support what procharger will be sending you unless your going custom and beyond. Ive seen nothing to worry about on drop in fuel pressure when stomping on it for a wot pull. I usually see about 52psi and when i get on her it drops to about 47psi but climbs right back up. One thing you do have to be careful with though is going wide open throttle with less than a quarter tank of gas, There are no baffles in the tank so you can slosh all the fuel to the back of the tank from the momentum and starve the pumps at a 1/4 tank or less. (Procahrger makes this clear also in there install manual)
Do you happen to know what pump(s) is in the earlier WK2 jeeps? For instance, mine is a ‘14. I can’t find any information about what fuel pump is actually in the module assembly.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I am running a Procharger on my 2020 5.7 Trailhawk. No modifications to the fuel system (other than replacing the factory 5.7 injectors with the set from Procharger). I see 62 psi at cruise and will drop to 59 psi under boost.

I have been running Mopar Hellcat 600cc injectors for a while with no change in fuel pressures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running a Procharger on my 2020 5.7 Trailhawk. No modifications to the fuel system (other than replacing the factory 5.7 injectors with the set from Procharger). I see 62 psi at cruise and will drop to 59 psi under boost.

I have been running Mopar Hellcat 600cc injectors for a while with no change in fuel pressures.
I'm currently running at 61 and under boost drops down to 56. I'm about to to do drop in rods and pistons, custom cam and smaller pulley. Looking to go to 10-12lbs. I currently have the injectors that came with the kit and the rest of my fuel system is stock. Recommendations on upgrades would be great, been searching and not finding much.

Thanks in advance, new to the forum and this expensive hobby. appreciate all the help.

2020 limited x 5.7 Currently just have complete p1 kit installed, custom tune. Corsa cat back, suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I'm currently running at 61 and under boost drops down to 56. I'm about to to do drop in rods and pistons, custom cam and smaller pulley. Looking to go to 10-12lbs. I currently have the injectors that came with the kit and the rest of my fuel system is stock. Recommendations on upgrades would be great, been searching and not finding much.

Thanks in advance, new to the forum and this expensive hobby. appreciate all the help.

2020 limited x 5.7 Currently just have complete p1 kit installed, custom tune. Corsa cat back, suspension upgrades.
The injector that come with the Procharger kit (Mopar 5.7 Hemi) are 39.5 (approx. 410cc) pound injectors from the 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra. The injectors work but are hard to tune once you start making additional upgrades.

I went with Hellcat injectors, they are rated for 600cc, fit the Hemi without modifications or adapters, easy to tune for modifications (depending on who you talk to, you might need/want even more injector. The Mopar Demon injectors are rated at 700cc).

The part number for the Hellcat injectors is 68170238AB.
Dusterhoff carries the 700cc Demon Injectors.

Long tube headers would be a huge upgrade (noticeable) with the setup that you are going with, and the sound... o_O
I went with American Racing Headers, part number JPGC-11134300LSWC, & Mopar gaskets, part number 05038098AA-99AA. The ARH come with gaskets, but the Mopar gaskets are MLS (oem multi-layered steel).

·
Registered
3 Posts
The injector that come with the Procharger kit (Mopar 5.7 Hemi) are 39.5 (approx. 410cc) pound injectors from the 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra. The injectors work but are hard to tune once you start making additional upgrades.

I went with Hellcat injectors, they are rated for 600cc, fit the Hemi without modifications or adapters, easy to tune for modifications (depending on who you talk to, you might need/want even more injector. The Mopar Demon injectors are rated at 700cc).

The part number for the Hellcat injectors is 68170238AB.
Dusterhoff carries the 700cc Demon Injectors.

Long tube headers would be a huge upgrade (noticeable) with the setup that you are going with, and the sound... o_O
I went with American Racing Headers, part number JPGC-11134300LSWC, & Mopar gaskets, part number 05038098AA-99AA. The ARH come with gaskets, but the Mopar gaskets are MLS (oem multi-layered steel).
Any other upgrades besides the injectors? Fuel pump able to keep up. Not finding a whole lot online.

Headers and a few other small things are next on the list. Gotta lot the wallet recover a little.

Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Any other upgrades besides the injectors? Fuel pump able to keep up. Not finding a whole lot online.

Headers and a few other small things are next on the list. Gotta lot the wallet recover a little.

Thanks
No issues with the stock fuel system keeping up with the larger injectors.

Reactions: Egott
101 - 118 of 118 Posts