Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

Today I noticed the words 'programming active' displayed on the EVIC. What does this mean? IT even stayed on for a moment after I took the key out.

Also, I have not replaced any of the keys and I do not have a remote start.

Is this something I should be concerned about and have checked out?

My 2006 Wk, 3.7, 4X4 has 66300 miles.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply if you can help!

· Registered
990 Posts
This indicates that the sentry key immobilizer system (specifically the SKREEM module) is in programming mode, and waiting for you to add a key to be programmed.

This message typically pops up if you perform the steps necessary to program a third (or more) key - Start with key 1, turn the vehicle to 'On' for between three and 15 seconds, turn the ignition to off, and place in a second programmed key and do the same (within 15 seconds of using the 1st). About 10 seconds after that, the EVIC will display the programming message.

I have accidentally triggered this when I started the vehicle with my wife's key, and then immediately decided to use my key, and then decided to go back into the house all within the span of about a minute.

Did you happen to use 2 keys back to back?

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This indicates that the sentry key immobilizer system (specifically the SKREEM module) is in programming mode, and waiting for you to add a key to be programmed.

This message typically pops up if you perform the steps necessary to program a third (or more) key - Start with key 1, turn the vehicle to 'On' for between three and 15 seconds, turn the ignition to off, and place in a second programmed key and do the same (within 15 seconds of using the 1st). About 10 seconds after that, the EVIC will display the programming message.

I have accidentally triggered this when I started the vehicle with my wife's key, and then immediately decided to use my key, and then decided to go back into the house all within the span of about a minute.

Did you happen to use 2 keys back to back?

My wife pulled the Jeep out of the garage as I was getting ready. When I came outside, I hopped in and shut the Jeep off and gave her keys back and used my keys instead. This happened approx an hour afterwards. Do you think this played a role?

Do you believe I should be concerned?

· Registered
990 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I'd just pay attention to see If it does it again if the conditions are similar. I don't know how much time after you insert the second key it takes to time out. It could be completely normal behavior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.