Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 had a suitcase delete plus some really loud magnaflows, I was just looking for stock Hemi, but found an SRT first.
I know there was a previous post discussing this, but I decided to make a video showing how to put an SRT exhaust on a HEMI JGC and document the sound. Unfortunately, I dont have stock sound to compare it to, but you guys can compare yours.

It was relatively easy since the SRTs 2.5" pipe slides right over the 5.7s 2.25" pipe. Even a crappy welder like me can make a leak free strong weld with that set up.

I stuck a camera inside the mufflers and suitcase and verified the SRT is infact a straight through, baffleless design, contrary to the pictures "cid green" posted a few years back of the super restrictive 5.7 suitcase:
White Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey

Now the tips are a bit awkward, but not to bad if you trim enough pipe away from the SRT suitcase.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Eitherway, Im very happy with all aspects of the upgrade, I think the sound is perfect for me. let me know if you have any questions or comments.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Excellent, that's exactly the sound and fit I've been looking for. Expecially if I can unbolt my High Altitude tips and reuse them for a stealth look. Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent, that's exactly the sound and fit I've been looking for. Expecially if I can unbolt my High Altitude tips and reuse them for a stealth look. Thanks for posting!!
After the holiday I'll measure the clamps on the tips to see if they're the same as yours. Not sure if that's also a different diameter as well

·
Registered
729 Posts
After the holiday I'll measure the clamps on the tips to see if they're the same as yours. Not sure if that's also a different diameter as well
That would be great, thanks. I'll pull off one of my tips and measure as well.
Now I need to find an SRT system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts