Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
SRT
774 Posts
OK so I'm interested in adding some LED's above my license plate and for the reverse lights. There are barely any pics in this thread of how this looks - anyone got any?

Are there any options that aren't super intensely bright? I really only want them to look like OEM LED lights, such as on the 2014 license plate.
Stock bulbs

Putco 28000w

·
Registered
5 Posts
We do not suggest installing LED bulbs in the DRL. There have been some forum members experience damage to their headlights as a result of the heat produced from the DRL.

STeve
does this go for all of the 3157 LEDs on your site? Sad to hear this. Really can't stand the stock DRL bulbs burning out so quickly, or the ugly yellow color of them that doesn't match the headlights.

Anyone else have a 3157 that is white and doesn't cause issues?

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
610 Posts
Im 100% stumped. How do i remove the map light closest to the windshield. what size is the bulb. Jeep dealership only had Chrysler part number and led precision doesnt know either. I need to know how to remove it.
you dont remove it. Unless you wanna take down the entire circuit board and take it off and solder on a new one. Yea, sucks.

Personally, I plan to cover that entire bulb. Some have used elec tape. I plan on doing something a lil cleaner. its low heat, and not on very long plus its covered by a secondary cover so I am not worried about any heat related issue to covering it.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
does this go for all of the 3157 LEDs on your site? Sad to hear this. Really can't stand the stock DRL bulbs burning out so quickly, or the ugly yellow color of them that doesn't match the headlights.

Anyone else have a 3157 that is white and doesn't cause issues?

I would take a look at the 3157 Putco Replacement bulbs. These are not LED but come in a few different colors including Night White and Nitro White which would be whiter than your standard halogen bulbs.

Danny

·
Registered
14 GC Limited
21 Posts
If i get led front turn signals, will they be too bright when i have the headlights on? My turn signals are also my parking lights

·
Registered
33 Posts
What bulbs did everyone end up using for the 2010-2013 front turn signal bulbs? The stock bulbs are amber 7444NA. I've bought two replacement bulbs so far and neither of them fit. I purchased these from vleds (HVA 21 LED 7443 7440) and they are too tall. They correctly plug into the socket but they are so tall that you can't twist them into place. The top of the bulb hits the plastic covering over the bulb within the headlight. The same thing happened with a pair of leds I purchased on Amazon.

Thanks

·
Vendor
524 Posts
OK so I'm interested in adding some LED's above my license plate and for the reverse lights. There are barely any pics in this thread of how this looks - anyone got any?

Are there any options that aren't super intensely bright? I really only want them to look like OEM LED lights, such as on the 2014 license plate.
Putco are not bright and this is an older thread so the technology and bulbs being suggested are normally not worth installing, we receive a lot of emails and were wondering why until we saw this thread.

Our new BRIGHT Reverse LEDs are no joke and are meant for you to see and others see you:
Complete Reverse LED Kit for the Jeep including including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJBCG7ed-I

·
Vendor
524 Posts
And if you want an updated list of LEDs that work error free and bright:

Shop by Car Model - Jeep :: (All Years + Trims) | deAutoKey

-Interior LED kit - choose from red blue or white footwells:
Complete Interior LED Kit for the All Jeep models including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

-Fade in/out like OEM bulbs
-Clean white color temperature & bright
-Won't stay dimly lit when your car is off

Creates a clean more modern look in your interior - get rid of those dull lights:

Brake/tails - very bright error free plug and play:
Red OSRAM 3157 Brake / Tail / Turn Signal LEDs Fits: Jeep Grand Cherokee & SRT models | deAutoKey

-faster light up times = faster reaction time

Reverse LEDs people can see for miles - our LEDs are not only plug and play without errors they also are useful, they are not like other dim models, they are the brightest option on the market:
Complete Reverse LED Kit for the Jeep including including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

These are NOT headlights - they are only reverse LEDs:

Free shipping within the US-we ship daily with a tracking # from the US
True NO hassle Lifetime Warranty
Lifetime customer support

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us:
[email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a video circulating on how to remove the covers in the cargo area that are on the lift gate? (interior)? I read online that you dont have to remove the entire inside panel and can somehow pop off the clear covers to get to the bulbs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone changed out the interior dome lights in the 2014 Grand Cherokee? There are 4 bulbs, but I am told 2 of those bulbs are soldered on - I would like to put in the 194 LED bulbs, but I don't want 2 leds, 2 stock bulbs. Has anyone run into this problem?

I have yet to see anyone change out those two passenger bulbs, as you said ive heard they are a challenge to open up then they are soldered in as well. I am not even going to bother changing my interior lights for this reason.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts