Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a grille guard and off road lights on a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadra-Lift Air Suspension.
Question I have is will the weight of the grille guard and lights (100lbs) have any detrimental effect on operation of the air suspension, short or long term. Be interested on anyone who has installed one on their jeep with the Quadra-Lift™ Air Suspension.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,620 Posts
Ah, a damage multiplier!

No negative impact, it's actually nicer to have the air suspension when adding heavier items as it will compensate and keep the Jeep level.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Plenty of Grand Cherokees with bullbars, driving lights and winches fitted over here with no issues. I had one on my Limited with Quadralift and had no issues. I got a tear in one of the rear bags, but that was unrelated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plenty of Grand Cherokees with bullbars, driving lights and winches fitted over here with no issues. I had one on my Limited with Quadralift and had no issues. I got a tear in one of the rear bags, but that was unrelated.
Thanks for the reply. Figured it could handle it but just wanted everyone's opinion. And nice to see this forum is very active. Had a dodge ram previously and would post on another forum and was lucky to get a response in a week or so.

·
Super Moderator
9,035 Posts
Biggest challenge with grill guards/bull bars is for JGS with adaptive cruise because of the location of the radar dome low on the front fascia. Weight isn't really a factor, per se.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biggest challenge with grill guards/bull bars is for JGS with adaptive cruise because of the location of the radar dome low on the front fascia. Weight isn't really a factor, per se.
Only safety features I have is Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection and ParkSense Rear Park Assist with Stop, although these prevent me from getting a rear bumper guard. Had the Grille Guard (Westin Sportsman X Grill Guard and Westin LED Light Bar) delivered yesterday and will be installing this weekend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only safety features I have is Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection and ParkSense Rear Park Assist with Stop, although these prevent me from getting a rear bumper guard. Had the Grille Guard (Westin Sportsman X Grill Guard and Westin LED Light Bar) delivered yesterday and will be installing this weekend.
I've got the Offroad Animal rear bar and it works perfectly with the Blind Spot and rear parking sensors. Same with their front Pre Runner, just had to fiddle with the radar to align it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got the Offroad Animal rear bar and it works perfectly with the Blind Spot and rear parking sensors. Same with their front Pre Runner, just had to fiddle with the radar to align it.
That bumper looks nice. Will have to look in to it more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts