Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on how the quadralift air suspension compares with regular suspension for normal driving?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,275 Posts
It's excellent, IMHO. Comfortable, functional and flexible.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I really love the ride quality of QL on mine.

·
Registered
High Altitude
87 Posts
Coming from a Cadillac sport wagon with a tight sport ride (which I thoroughly enjoyed) I find the QL quite comfortable. Much better than I thought it would be. I have the HA and the lack of body roll was as a great surprise too. I guess what I'm saying is it is more sporty than I thought it would be and I like that.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I've got the similar system in my Ram1500 and love it. It's the nicest riding truck I've ever driven and it handles great. I would buy it again without question.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
373 Posts
Before we orded our Overland we test drove a Limited, along with a Wrangler.

Thought the Grand Cherokee rode much better and took a chance on the QL suspension.

I think they have it tuned just right, comfortable ride with minimal lean.

The plus is the exit mode, makes it much easier for my wife to get in and out.

She told me yesterday that when at the gas station a guy commented what a nice Jeep she has !

That made her day!

·
Registered
535 Posts
QL is great it handles a lot better than I thought it would for a heavy SUV.

I agree.

However, to slightly improve the handling of my '15 Limited, with the QL, I installed an SRT rear sway bar. It didn't turn it into a "corner carver", but it did help.....as I'm sure different tires would too, Nokian WRGs are rather "winter oriented".

·
Registered
2015 HA White
323 Posts
I've rented the Limited w/o QL and found it has more body lean than my '15 HA 4x4 with QL. My Infiniti FX37 handled better than the GC, but had a much harsher ride. Since I don't hot rod around anymore, I prefer the more comfortable ride with enhanced handling of the air suspension. Big plus is the entry/exit mode that lessens my wife's moaning about climbing in and out. When I add the lowering links, she just might stop complaining altogether. I hope! To be honest, it's easier for me, too. I definitely wouldn't buy another GC without the QL. An added benefit is OR2 setting when South Florida gets torrential rains and deep standing water. Plus, with El Niño and global warming, we may soon have snow and the Polar Vortex down here.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
A hard bargain.
259 Posts
I got the Off Road Adventure II with the air suspension on my Limited. During normal (not off-road & lifted), the truck rides great. The system compensates with leveling and firmness when I have a full load of people, 8 bags of concrete or pulling my ATV on a 5 x 8 trailer. When I go off-road and the suspension extends for more clearance, the suspension is noticeably firmer and doesn't let the truck bottom out. This suspension is the shit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,474 Posts
Love the "Euro style" firmness of the QL. Plus if you tow a travel trailer, it really is the "Bee's knees" keeping everything level:thumbsup:.

Reactions: Stevm65

·
Registered
2015 Jeep GC WK2 Laredo 3.0 CRD with Off-Road Pack 2 ARB Bull Bar
22 Posts
Have posted my comments and experiences in another post on the QL suspension. Only recommendation I would strongly suggest is to see if you can get an super extended warranty on the QL suspension, say 5 + 2 years. And to make sure you have a good reputable Jeep service centre you can take your Jeep GC to.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,690 Posts
I find that they ride similar. I've spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of a 2015 Limited w/factory tow. I like the adjustability of ride height and constant 4 wheel leveling. Mine does have a problem with skipping over expansion joints with the wheel slightly turned at speed. I'm not sure if that is a 20" wheel thing or a QL thing. I suspect wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts