Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Rough Country 2 inch levelling spacer isnt actually 2 inches thick, its only about 1 inch thick which i think is causing some confusion. The OEM fittings just fit with the Rough Country 2 inch spacer (which is 1 inch thick). Using anything larger than the 1inch thick spacer (which translates to 2inch lift) will cause other issues like the OEM air fittings not working, bad CV angles and interference between the strut and wiring harness.

This is correct a 2" lift spacer is not 2" its less, My 1-1/2" Rough Country spacer was actually 1-1/4"
I ended up grinding the end of the oem strut bolts to clear the bolts in the spacer. on my 2020my oem air line was not going to clear so it might be a case by case basis
Once you come up with your spacer design I would love to see it I plan to go this route ultimately for the increase in ground clearance and down travel. I would also really appreciate if you wouldn’t mind measuring your links for me so I could copy them to make my own I would greatly appreciate it

The link topic has been covered on this fourm heres a link Guide to QuadraLift DIY Links for...

·
Registered
10 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that the RC spacer no longer looks like the one you have mounted on your Jeep at least by pictures so maybe the spacer is now taller than they were originally?
my spacers are about 1.4" tall and were purchased about 1 year ago Id assume there old stock. all I can say is it rides much better with the spacer and the link than it did with just the link's. Also I can use or2 with this combination not that I need it with the added height of the tires and the lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my spacers are about 1.4" tall and were purchased about 1 year ago Id assume there old stock. all I can say is it rides much better with the spacer and the link than it did with just the link's. Also I can use or2 with this combination not that I need it with the added height of the tires and the lift.
That’s what I wanted to hear. I use my Jeep off-road so I didn’t want to lose the ability to use off-road 2 due to it being a requirement for rock mode but don’t want to have to mess with the suspension height unless I’m doing something that requires it. So which links did you end up purchasing off of eBay just so I am clear we’re they a “lifting” or “leveling” links? Just so I have some sort of an idea for a starting length. I am getting ready to purchase all the parts for the lift so all that’s left will be wheels and tires so I would like to have all my ducks in a row. I will need the bypass harness, Alfaobd to drain the bags, and the leveling kit and links

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s what I wanted to hear. I use my Jeep off-road so I didn’t want to lose the ability to use off-road 2 due to it being a requirement for rock mode but don’t want to have to mess with the suspension height unless I’m doing something that requires it. So which links did you end up purchasing off of eBay just so I am clear we’re they a “lifting” or “leveling” links? Just so I have some sort of an idea for a starting length. I am getting ready to purchase all the parts for the lift so all that’s left will be wheels and tires so I would like to have all my ducks in a row. I will need the bypass harness, Alfaobd to drain the bags, and the leveling kit and links
I ordered the +1-1/2 front" and +1/2" rear on eBay as they were cheaper and faster than ordering the ball sockets from Germany. I figured Id see how things went with just the links. Then I thought well why not toss a strut spacer in and see how that goes.

At this point it works great I might adjust the front links to get another +1/2" and go up +1/2" rear for a total of +2" front and +1" rear. I don't have any spacers in the rear yet everything Ive seen says the rear bag will take the extra height without problems the limiting factor in the rear is the stock shock. I can get shock spacers for 70$ a set or new longer shocks for 70$ ea. Ive seen a lot of threads saying the rear shocks are junk and leak, I'll likely do the shocks.

If the front A arms worked I was debating buying some coil overs and doing an airbag on top I'll include a photo for reference. The only issue I see at this point is the front sway bar currently bolts to the shock, I have yet to see a Coilover that will permit this. King shocks does make a Coilover for the older wk2 think its the 2014 version. with the sway bar on the lower arm.

This is called a captive airbag. If I did this I wouldnt use the 2 springs Id replace the top spring with the airbag, having dual spring rates typically for long travel vehicles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So the next question is if you were to purchase the LCA’s and sway bar links for a 2011-15 could we swap over to these eventually if one wanted?
I guess in therory that can be done. lower control arm, upper control arm, knuckle, sway bar & ends, strut. maybe some other parts id guess 4500$ in total.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so I made spacers out of the same valve used on the shocks from the factory. I just drilled through the center of the valve.
and blew it out with some air. I figured its cheap and easy to make, it also was made for the pressure and the oring seal. sure its taller than I needed, Its basically the same height as the spacer I installed on the strut.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Few people have asked how I change the suspension height settings using AlfaOBD so I have posted a video.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
5 Posts
I'm looking at doing 22x10 w/ 25 or 35 offset w/ 305-40-22s which is a 32''x12'' tire.
There are a lot more tires in 33''x12.50''x22'' that I like, but worried bout contact issues.

So here's the question... has anyone been able to override the speed sensor on the Quadra-Lift air system?

Seems at Level 1 or Level 2 there would be no issues with contact on a 33''x12.50''...?

Please chime in if anyone can help with this.

thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 265/70r18 18x8 -35 offset rub in a couple spots with a 1-1/2 -2" lift in front 1/2" in rear. As far as I know you can't disable the 1/2" drop when it goes into aero at 50 mph. However there's another option that no one has mentioned yet, it's a box used on Mercedes to adjust the factory ride height its plug n play, it goes inline with the hydra lift computer under the driver's seat. This module allows additional height adjustment. Its also sold for the grand cherokee, I just don't recall the name I've seen it In few forms though. Think it's sold in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
9,692 Posts
Can you over-ride the speed settings of QL? so you can stay in OR1 or OR2 all the time?
No. But changing the settings for each level via the method in the video would emulate that. However....I urge major caution about this idea. Why? You only have so much suspension travel available. OR-II height is only usable at VERY low speeds if there's even a pebble passing under the tires. Your kidneys (and vehicle) will thank you for staying well below the 25 mph OEM speed limitation...OR-II height really is only intended for getting that last little half inch while off road that will allow one to pass over an obstacle. OR-I's OEM speed limitation is 45 mph. The bumps and bangs are a little more tolerable, but there's still not a whole lot of suspension travel at the top available. High speed cornering may also be a factor at that height with QL.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts