Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17JeepCherokeeSummit
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so just wanted to give some advice to anyone who is looking to replace there interior bulbs with LEDS. I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on amazon. They turned out to NOT be error free. I decided based on reviews to order a set from DeAuto LED to compare. Let me say they are So bright, that I can’t get a good picture to show. They are very reasonably priced and come with a LIFETIME warranty. If you have a problem with a bulb, they will send you another one. Speaking from experience. Amazing service.

I ended up replacing my break bulbs, reverse, and all of the interior bulbs with DeAuto LED’s. The quality of bulb for the price is unbelievable.

They come with a LIFETIME warranty. Check them out. Get rid of the stock yellow bulbs and cheap LED’s from amazon.

http://deautokey.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like you are a paid spokesman! Seriously over the top. I have used the following LED bulbs from amazon from 0.5-1.5 years without any issues. I have a 2016 75th Limited.

Brake lights/turn signals
Headlights
Fog lights
Reverse lights

If paying 5X the amount of money for bulbs that come from the same place (China) is your thing, then go with the “kit”.

·
Registered
17JeepCherokeeSummit
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DMV Jeep if I was getting paid I would have some crazy pictures to back it up. I’m just being honest so that other people are informed. The ones from amazon where cheap and not error free. When I tried to file a claim I got no where. I got these and I’m just being honest they are way birghter. Don’t knock it, till you try it!!

·
Registered
High Altitude
111 Posts
I'm with DMV. I replaced all my bulbs on three cars. I refused to pay the priced DEAuto was charging. Read Amazon reviews, or go to Superbright leds and save your money. Not doubting DE's bulbs may be bright, but they dont have secret sauce making they're bulbs unique from cheaper alternatives. I would have tried DE if I could have selectively purchased outside of a package deal. They included bubs I didnt want or need for my 2018.

And yes, i did buy some 4 review 44mm festoons off Amazon that were quickly returned and replaced for higher reviewed bulb. That took care of it.

PS Not a fan of their hard selling here all over the forum. Personal opinion.

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
316 Posts
I can't speak of the deAutoLED's interior led bulbs, but can definitely vouch for the reverse light led kit as well as their Lifetime Warranty.

I had one of their reverse 921 bulbs go out on me because I installed it wrong when I was switching out my stock tail lights for eagle eye tali lights. I told them (1) 921 bulb went out and they sent out a replacement next day free of charge :thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
17Summmit - thank you for your amazing feedback, we understand your frustration, we see it all the time, the trunk LEDs are the most important and we use insanely bright models that are actually going to add a lot of visibility.

DMVJeep - if you are happy with those bulbs go ahead and be happy, we know the amount of low quality LEDs that are being sold throughout amazon and ebay and many others do also so we don't have to mention it, but if you feel you found something that worked for you we won't say otherwise but you should not try to categorize our bulbs with random ones you tried, we have seen and heard it all when it comes to these LEDs. While we are not always the first choice we have countless emails where people had issues with other LEDs so they tried ours and it ended up being the only LED worked for them or were brighter than the ones they had installed prior.

SuperBrightLEDs are normally more money when you piece together a kit and usually nowhere near the lumen output that we offer.

Many amazon sellers that are selling 20 LEDs for $10 are ALSO selling 2 LEDs for $20 or more, pricing is based what you put into the bulb, it is the reason why they can sell 20 LEDs for a few $ and then 2 LEDs for a lot more.

Our issue is that you are trying to say that we are selling the same penny LEDs you can find on amazon at a markup. But we have the ONLY error free brake/tail LEDs for the 2014 Jeep which was a custom setup we created. You cannot explain that away.

You can suggest an LED but when there is issues we doubt you'd be there to help or even apologize, we seen a few LEDs burn but ours work 100%:
LEDs burning while ours work perfectly.

HoosierD - we make custom kits all the time, we have people that buy a kit from amazon/ebay but then want something better but don't want to change out their sun visor or things that don't matter as much as we always are happy to get them a custom kit as we know they will be much happier with our LEDs.

For advertising, we are here when others are not because we want to help, people that see us on forums know we are here because we have a product we guarantee and stand behind, people have a direct line on the forum and to us, if you are not happy with amazon or ebay posting here won't do anything. We cannot see us being here as a bad thing, we have plenty of people that find us AFTER trying other LEDs and are not happy, we are not always the first choice but don't mind this, we strive from competition.

EezyBeezy - we appreciate the feedback.

Our reverse LEDs are insanely bright - they have projectors on the back and are a lot brighter than many models we compared:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJBCG7ed-I

Reverse LED:
Complete Reverse LED Kit for the Jeep including including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

Interior:
Complete Interior LED Kit for the All Jeep models including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

We want to leave everyone with the feedback we see daily, we have heard and seen it all. We have plenty of example of LEDs that we only offer are the only ones that work for our customers, they tried competitors but were not happy or had issues.

Our bay9s front turn signals are the brightest ones we ever seen in the MK7 CC MK5 and you can actually see them in direct sun light.

The smaller custom 7440 rear turns we created for the mk6 golf/gti are the brightest on the market, before there was no option as either 1) they were too big to fit 2) they were not brighter than halogen, we fixed this by using the best and newest amber LED diodes and making a small bulb that fit, was error free, could be seen in direct sun light and that was brighter than OEM.

We offer the ONLY error free mk6 Jetta reverse LED for the 2014 model specifically. We unfortunately have emails saying "I tried hundreds of reverse, I cannot believe yours will be error free, can you guarantee it?" - the answer is yes, when they email us saying "FINALLY" and how happy they are this is all worth it.

In 2012 we had the ONLY error free reverse for the MK6 GTI/GOLF - before that you had to deal with the dim halogens. We feel we have helped many with those LEDs, many looked the same but were not error free.

Our brake/tail in the 2014 Jeep are the only ones on the market that are 100% plug and play / error free.

We have the only license plates that are thin enough to fit into certain r32 models where other LEDs were popping fuses ours worked because we were able to design them around the car's housing.

We have custom PCB board sun visors LEDs for the trunk/puddle/sun visor of many different models, all custom made.

Even our HID kits are the highest quality, these are not the $20 or even $100 kits you can find on other sites, ours are thinner, more components to eliminate radio static and errors or issues with the PWM or cars with DRL function, you see many other companies saying you "Need to install a relay" or "shut off your DRLs for our HID kit to work 100%" Anyone that has other HID kits and then ours sees the difference right away and knows the quality and what we put into our HID kits.

We have many examples of our LEDs working where others fail, that is all that matters, if you feel you can find other LEDs that is fine, but we have endless happy customers that have a lot of positive feedback

You can have 2 items online that look the same, a wallet/watch for example but one could be counterfeit, people that have tried many products can tell the difference in quality right away by actually installing our LEDs:

We are not bragging, we are only sharing our experience and what we have seen. We feel we have helped and brought a quality product many people are happy with in their car.

At the end you can essentially buy LEDs anywhere, if they last and work correctly without issue is the question, we have seen it many times where members will post ebay/alibaba/amazon and the forum members purchases and has an issue, you do not see that member posting again apologizing or providing customer service. Us simply posting doesn't lead to a sale anyway, the person ended up buying a fog kit that was $250+ which is double the price of ours and it wasn't even as bright but at the end we know what we offer, what we provide and are always here to help our customers.

·
Registered
High Altitude
111 Posts
Opinions are simply that. Hard selling throws me off because it is simply that. My purchase is made and I am more than happy (error free). Trying to "convince" people has simply made me less trustworthy (my opinion).

Ps. A SB led kit is not more expensive. Unsubscibing now.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Opinions are simply that. Hard selling throws me off because it is simply that. My purchase is made and I am more than happy (error free). Trying to "convince" people has simply made me less trustworthy (my opinion).

Ps. A SB led kit is not more expensive. Unsubscibing now.
We are not here to convince you honestly, we are here replying accordingly to your posts, this is for others reading so they know we care enough to reply to these claims being made, at the end the reply is not for you but for other people reading.

We are here because we know what we sell and what we offer, it is up to the consumer to purchase if they like what we are offering and we are showing honest customer photos and feedback, we never had an issue, only positive customer reviews of our interior LED kits.

The small round 5 smd is around $4.95 on SBL, that is nowhere near the brightness of our kit or worth installing for many, that is $44.95 for just 9 bulbs! $7.95 is their most expensive 194 and still not as bright that comes out to $71.55 but you still are not counting the 4 sun visors. Saying it is more expensive is when you piece it all together, our kit with our 10% discount is $85.50 with our recent 15% code it is $80.75 - less money than the SBL or piecing it together in order to get a kit that is still not as bright. And many have reported LEDs staying dimly lit, flickering, burning, or not fading in/out, ours have none of these issues.

Our prices are based on the diode/manufacturing process, that is why you are ignoring the fact that the same companies selling cheap 20 LED for $10 are also selling just 2 LEDs for $20+, we see it all the time, we are not in the business of selling cheap LEDs, we never have or will, we only sell the latest diode technology that are bright and work 100% correctly in your car.

This reply is again not to convince you but to address posts being made towards our company, we are backing it with many examples of our LEDs that we offer that cannot be found anywhere else, and real feedback we received.

Thank you

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,301 Posts
Sounds like you are a paid spokesman! Seriously over the top. I have used the following LED bulbs from amazon from 0.5-1.5 years without any issues. I have a 2016 75th Limited.

Brake lights/turn signals
Headlights
Fog lights
Reverse lights

If paying 5X the amount of money for bulbs that come from the same place (China) is your thing, then go with the “kit”.
Where’s the link to the Amazon bulbs you bought?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys so just wanted to give some advice to anyone who is looking to replace there interior bulbs with LEDS. I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on amazon. They turned out to NOT be error free. I decided based on reviews to order a set from DeAuto LED to compare. Let me say they are So bright, that I can’t get a good picture to show. They are very reasonably priced and come with a LIFETIME warranty. If you have a problem with a bulb, they will send you another one. Speaking from experience. Amazing service.

I ended up replacing my break bulbs, reverse, and all of the interior bulbs with DeAuto LED’s. The quality of bulb for the price is unbelievable.

They come with a LIFETIME warranty. Check them out. Get rid of the stock yellow bulbs and cheap LED’s from amazon.

deAutoLED
Hi, just wondering what interior bulbs you changed? Someone said some cannot be changed and just have to deal with the yellow. I have a 2020 grand cherokee north edition.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Hi, just wondering what interior bulbs you changed? Someone said some cannot be changed and just have to deal with the yellow. I have a 2020 grand cherokee north edition.
Some of the interior lights that cannot be easily changed are the dome lights up top and rear passenger lights as they are soldered. On MY17 they are soldered. In the front there are dome and map lights. I believe one of them is soldered if I remember when I checked on my old 14 overland. Even on the overland the rear passenger ones where wedge style but they changed them on the 17. Not sure if the 15' or 16 are like that but on my 17 after checking a few yrs ago I said f it and left em like that. I had changed almost all of them on my 14 except the map or dome lights.

Even though they are soldered I had seen here in the forum some members changed them to leds but best to know what your doing and if you want to take that challenge.

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,018 Posts
Don’t go there. Just buy a name brand LED. I’m using Philips and Zevo(Sylvania). No problem. No LED is error free so you have to add a resistor or, like I, program the lights for LEDs.
The DeAuto bulbs have an integrated resistor in the bulb assemblies for the brake lamps so you don't have to tamper with the wiring and add a resistor externally. The early build of these did give an issue as I have a picky 14 model. The updated newer generation bulbs from them have been great. They're definitely brighter than some other brands I've experimented with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone tell me what type bulbs are in the rear lift gate cargo housings? 2020 Altitude. Manual says they are festoons, looks more like a 194 to me just looking at the housing lens.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can someone tell me what type bulbs are in the rear lift gate cargo housings? 2020 Altitude. Manual says they are festoons, looks more like a 194 to me just looking at the housing lens.
You are correct, it's a 194 bulb and not a festoon. Any of the small T10 bulbs will fit 168, 194, 2825, W5W etc.

Reactions: CallSignViper
1 - 16 of 16 Posts