Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the silver metal with the 100213 number is? Picture attached.

I have a 2018 JGC Trailhawk.
I’m looking to add a phone mount that is mounted via passenger seat.
As I was installing, the silver piece (100213) began to become loose and come up with the screw.

Can anyone identify what it is connected to? I didn’t continue thinking it could be connected to the airbag system in some way.

Automotive tire Auto part Metal Automotive wheel system Rim

· Registered
5,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe someone else here knows what that is but myself no clue where that is located at in the vehicle.
It would help if you posted another picture showing where that thing is located in the vehicle and a more broader detailed picture of its surroundings.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe someone else here knows what that is but myself no clue where that is located at in the vehicle.
It would help if you posted another picture showing where that thing is located in the vehicle and a more broader detailed picture of its surroundings.
Hi moparado, thank you for the warm welcome and reply. Here is a better picture ( the first was taken at night with poor lighting). It is part of the seat system, as Tj13 mentioned it is the seat rail.

I’m new to JGC family this year although my dad had them growing up. They have become much more technologically advanced since then!

· Registered
886 Posts
As @Tj13 said, It's the anchor for the seat adjuster screw .
Personally I would find another mounting spot as getting that screwjack out of square may cause issues down the road

if you pull that plastic trim off, the seat frame mounting bolt is under it..use that just be sure you tighten it back up securely
The trim may be held on with a few torx screws, or there may be a hole thats covered that you can pry the plastic disc off of to see the bolts... I forget exactly what attaches it ..

· Registered
5,382 Posts
Hi moparado, thank you for the warm welcome and reply. Here is a better picture ( the first was taken at night with poor lighting). It is part of the seat system, as Tj13 mentioned it is the seat rail.

I’m new to JGC family this year although my dad had them growing up. They have become much more technologically advanced since then!

Thanks for the updated pictures.
If that seat anchor is beneath the seat somewhere having a hard time understanding why you'd want a phone mount in that area.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As @Tj13 said, It's the anchor for the seat adjuster screw .
Personally I would find another mounting spot as getting that screwjack out of square may cause issues down the road

if you pull that plastic trim off, the seat frame mounting bolt is under it..use that just be sure you tighten it back up securely
The trim may be held on with a few torx screws, or there may be a hole thats covered that you can pry the plastic disc off of to see the bolts... I forget exactly what attaches it ..
@Crosshairs Thank you for the reply, I will look into mounting with the mounting bolt instead.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the updated pictures.
If that seat anchor is beneath the seat somewhere having a hard time understanding why you'd want a phone mount in that area.
@Tj13 I’m looking to use this type of mount as I want to keep the windshield clear for my field of vision and have easy access to the dash. I also do not want to block the air vents.

· Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,305 Posts
@Tj13 I’m looking to use this type of mount as I want to keep the windshield clear for my field of vision and have easy access to the dash. I also do not want to block the air vents.
Have you thought about something like this?

I have one of these and love it.

· Registered
2019 Overland.
266 Posts
You have an ‘18? With CarPlay?
On my ‘14 and ‘17 I blocked the vent, didn’t have an issue.
my ‘19 I have carplay and I plug it in, stick it in the cubby. No need to really use the phone with carplay. There are some decent mounts out there, as mentioned, the Kuda is one.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

@schmieg that’s a good option I’ll look at. My buddy suggested ProClip and atachmounts but there isn’t enough room with the ProClip between the passenger seat and dash. There isn’t enough room for my knee with the ProClip 🤦‍♂️

@schmieg Thats a good option thanks for sharing. I’ll def look into this one. My buddy suggested ProClip and atachmount but there isn’t enough room between the dash and passenger seat for the atachmount and there isn’t room for my knee with the ProClip 🤦‍♂️
Another option is Direct Fit by Course Motorsports.
Have you or potentially anyone else reading this have any experience with Course Motorsports.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have an ‘18? With CarPlay?
On my ‘14 and ‘17 I blocked the vent, didn’t have an issue.
my ‘19 I have carplay and I plug it in, stick it in the cubby. No need to really use the phone with carplay. There are some decent mounts out there, as mentioned, the Kuda is one.
@Tj13 Thank you for the KUDA recommendation. I’ll definitely look into them.
I do have car play and that’s partially why I’m looking for a mount because I don’t have a convenient place to put my phone 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
2019 Overland.
266 Posts
What about putting the phone in the cubby? If I don’t have a passenger it’s on the seat or in the cubby. I’ve also left the cubby door up and put the find sideways on the cubby door, it usually stays. My son puts his in the top of the center armrest, I tried but always end up with work stuff in there so not enough room.
maybe I should organize a bit better! 🤔

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just put mine upside-down in the front cup holder whenever I'm going to use Android Auto for nav.
@RoadiJeff I live in a warm climate so water is essential and having space for it is as well. I have been putting my phone on top of the panel that covers the USB ports and little storage area. But this blocks the tactile buttons/controls and I don't want to weaken the panel from being able to lift. Also, its not very clean looking.

· Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
3,214 Posts
@jimntempe Interesting, I was hoping to avoid modifying the vehicle myself but it seems to use the snake mount, this is the best option. Have you had any issues with mounting this way? Is the cord in the picture a phone cord?
Only issue is drilling holes and putting the screws thru carpet, have to be careful not to start winding up the threads. And don't use screws so long you risk screwing into something on the other side, like the transmission. The cord is a USB cord to power the wireless charging mount. It runs to the power outlet in the center console. I live in AZ and covering up a vent is a no starter for me. As is drilling holes into the visible parts of the dashboard. Also don't want to put it where it would get direct sunlight, it gets hot enough in the shade.

· Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,305 Posts
Only issue is drilling holes and putting the screws thru carpet, have to be careful not to start winding up the threads. And don't use screws so long you risk screwing into something on the other side, like the transmission. The cord is a USB cord to power the wireless charging mount. It runs to the power outlet in the center console. I live in AZ and covering up a vent is a no starter for me. As is drilling holes into the visible parts of the dashboard. Also don't want to put it where it would get direct sunlight, it gets hot enough in the shade.
That is one of the advantages with the Kuda. It doesn't require any drilling except in the Kuda unit itself where you mount the phone holder. The Kuda clips onto the side of the trim in front of the console and is tightened with a clamp in the rear. You mount the phone holder on the Kuda, run the wires inside of it and then clamp it on. I have on on my GC and one on my MX5.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts