Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
GC on the right...immediately.

Sure...the front end looks similar, but the profile makes the Compass look like a toy and the GC like a truck.

Why do you care so much about this? Don't buy a '14 and stop posing about how much you hate the '14's.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Cool story man!

Hey have you even seen an X3 and an X5 side-by-side? :rolleyes:

·
The Negotiator
5,363 Posts
GC on the right...immediately.

Sure...the front end looks similar, but the profile makes the Compass look like a toy and the GC like a truck.

Why do you care so much about this? Don't buy a '14 and stop posing about how much you hate the '14's.
Even if you have a Laredo or Limited with the regular headlights, you should be able to tell. This has been beaten to death since we first started seeing pictures 4 months ago.. People love it or hate it.

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Is this serious? I'd think one would have to be pretty dumb to mistake one for the other.
Yea. Because the Compass and the Grand Cherokee are the exact same size so it's really difficult to tell them apart. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
As someone who owns both, (wife has the compass, i have the gc) if you can't tell the difference between the two of them, you are dumb, ignorant, need to be slapped across the face, just that guy, or all of the above. Beside the fact that there are MULTIPLE differences in the fascias themselves, one is larger than the other by a decent amount. I can see why one would say they are similar, but if anything, you can say the 13 gc and compass use the same headlights for that matter, so stop the nonsense.

·
The Negotiator
5,363 Posts
This thread is going to the flamer soon....I think the OP just wanted to show that they look Similar and that some people (front end shot only) could mistake it for a GC IF they never really looked at them that close. The slots under the grill are a dead give away alot with other things...But us who look at the GC all the time can tell the difference, just like Copefree said, look at an X3 and X5.

Reactions: mikev927

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Where have I heard this before: "They all look alike to me"?

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,378 Posts
It's almost like they are both the same brand and share distinctive brand features. Which one came first??

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
HMM.... I like the fervor, the passion this community has about the jeeps.

but....

Let's stay civil before we need to close it down. Opinions are allowed, it keeps us all honest. No need to be unnecessary to one another.

They do look similar, but look at all of the auto makers. They are all starting to look alike. It's this move towards platform sharing, easier production, more interchangeable parts makes for easier fixes. I'm not a fan of the whole movement, but I don't see it as just a Jeep problem.

Now... the new Cherokee.... That thing needs to be killed with fire. (tee hee, couldnt resist!)

BE NICE!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't see a reason to bash the overall design. If you don't like it be happy with what you have and leave it at that. I don't really like the C7 vette but I'm not going to hate on the people that might, I just won't buy one... Simple. Nothing wrong with an opinion, everyone has one I guess... But if you sit around thinking all the time how much the new one sucks, its going to be a long 3 years. I'm thinking maybe you need to take the current one you have out to do some bonding in the snow. Rub the dash a bit and say how much you love her and will never think of a 2014 again.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
This is endemic in our society today, It used to be variety was the spice of life. Now everything is polarized. Can't we just agree to disagree and all get along.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.