Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wow, I couldn't believe that this deal was still going on!! I am definitely in need of new rear rotors and pads, but I am debating between the E-line rotors and the premium rotors. I have a 2006 Overland and I drive it :) but I also tow with it all summer long. I'm looking for something that will be better than stock, cause they never seemed too great when towing. I was looking into possibly going with slotted rotors in either line, but not sure if it is necessary or if possibly dimpled and slotted would be better.... Any advice guys??

Drilled rotors have proven to be an advantage for street driving, but are definitely not for track use. I've seen a Z06 at the track get totalled after his drilled brake rotor exploded going into a turn. Slotted rotors have been thoroughly tested and reports show no advantage over plain rotors, only disadvantage of eating pads at a rate of around 25 percent verus non-slotted.

I'm going with drilled only, not with slots.

·
Registered
173 Posts
steve need price premium dippled/slotted/stoptech pads all four corners.....07 srt jeep

61 - 63 of 63 Posts