Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my oem radio that came out of my 2015 grand Cherokee SRT. This is the 8.4 inch screen and is nav ready and has Sirius radio as well as Sirius traffic capabilities. The reason I am selling is because I just bought the 2018 UConnect with Apple car play. Also included is the hub with usb and and sd ports.

Infotainment is selling these for $1200 so I am asking $800 OBO. I will ship at buyers expense.

IMG_0090.JPG

Any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am selling my oem radio that came out of my 2015 grand Cherokee SRT. This is the 8.4 inch screen and is nav ready and has Sirius radio as well as Sirius traffic capabilities. The reason I am selling is because I just bought the 2018 UConnect with Apple car play. Also included is the hub with usb and and sd ports.

Infotainment is selling these for $1200 so I am asking $800 OBO. I will ship at buyers expense.

View attachment 188986

Any questions, just ask.

Don’t these have to be programmed to a specific vehicle? How do you go about that?

·
Registered
2015 SRT
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t these have to be programmed to a specific vehicle? How do you go about that?

Good question. I honestly don’t know. I will tell you I didn’t have to give my vin when I bought the new one.

I wish I had a better answer but I am honestly not sure.

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
the dealer told me once installed that the vin is burned in and can not be used on other cars for theft reasons I think your shit out of luck bud

·
Registered
770 Posts
the dealer told me once installed that the vin is burned in and can not be used on other cars for theft reasons I think your shit out of luck bud

They can be reset by infotainment and other OEM approved suppliers. But like this they are worthless, that’s why you should just trade it in to infotainment or befriend someone at the dealership that does the programming on these.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They can be reset by infotainment and other OEM approved suppliers. But like this they are worthless, that’s why you should just trade it in to infotainment or befriend someone at the dealership that does the programming on these.

Thanks for the info good thing nobody was interested because that would have turned into a mess.

Mods- can you please close or delete this thread?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts