Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready for my first two mods: the Altitude grill and the lockpick. Have a couple of questions though that I hope someone can help with.

1. Anyone know the difference between these two grills? They're both supposed to be the Altitude Grill in brilliant black. I Can't figure out why one is almost $100 more than the other though. Thoughts?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Grille - Brilliant Black (Part No: 1ZW79AXRAA): AllMoparParts.com

Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA

2. Lockpick v.5 or CHR550: Any long term issues that guys are aware of?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
i would call just for jeeps and tell them you are a member here. they are very good with helping out our members.

and if you tell them that you are a jeep garage member you will get a discount.

·
Registered
617 Posts
There are two different blacks.

Brilliant black has some metallic flake in it, while the regular black is just a gloss black. Besides that the price difference is simply that justforjeeps sells their parts for quite a bit more than can be found elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts

Brilliant black has some metallic flake in it, while the regular black is just a gloss black. Besides that the price difference is simply that justforjeeps sells their parts for quite a bit more than can be found elsewhere.

If you tell them Scott or Correy sent you they will come down within $3 of the prices listed on trademotion and it qualifies for free shipping which you can't get shopping on trademotion.

Take it from me I used to buy from those online mopar parts stores and JFJ practically matches the prices and gives a personal level of service.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the input. I was really expecting you to tell me that they're different because of X, Y & Z. If they're the same though, I have my answer regaring which one to get!

Both the grills in my link are for the brilliant black.

Go for the regular black and not the brilliant just for jeeps are good ive dealt w Pete in the passed
Reall? Why the regular?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Does anyone here have the Brilliant Black grill and know how close of a color match it is to the factory Brilliant Black Pearl coat? Are they the same?

Pictures would be great if you have them.

Thank you

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Does anyone here have the Brilliant Black grill and know how close of a color match it is to the factory Brilliant Black Pearl coat? Are they the same?

Pictures would be great if you have them.

Thank you
I have it. It's a perfect match.

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Perfect. Thank you :thumbsup:
Here is the thread with all of my pictures. http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/pict...-partial-altitude-look-on-overland-50456.html Note that my house is casting a shadow directly on the grille making it appear blacker than the rest of the Jeep, but if you look close at the top corners of the grille in the first picture you can see it's a match. The pictures don't do it justice though, and that was at dusk on a cloudy day. I get compliments all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts