Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Toyo Open Country AT3s mounted up yesterday. Put about 50 miles on them and they are really nice so far. Quiet, smooth and they balanced well with no vibration. They look great as well. I'll update as I get more miles on them, and get them off road, on the beach or in the snow.
Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! All stock so far, except for adding the factory trailer hitch. I have a bunch of parts sitting around to install(RC tow hooks, ASFIR skid plate, RC 20" LED bar, and Hellwig rear sway bar) but just haven't been able to find the time to get it done. I'm still considering suspension options, which will be either Dobinson or OME.
The tires are stock size 265/60/18.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’ve had the AT3’s on for 30K now. They are great in the rain and snow. Tread depth is still at 9/32, so they should go to at least 50K. No increase in noise as they’ve worn either. I’m running stock 265/60/18, so they are the “P” passenger rating. I’ve got a set of the AT2’s in LT on a 2005 4Runner that are pushing 60K. Not sure the AT3’s are going to wear as good as the AT2’s, but IMO a better all around performer than the AT2’s. Toyo makes a pretty decent tire from my experience.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got to test the Toyos out in the snow this morning. We got about 5 inches of heavy wet stuff, and they did great... excellent traction from a stop and braking was very confidence inspiring. Not the deepest snow, but a nice little try out.
So, far, at about 4K miles, I'm really happy with these tires.

·
Registered
JGC
631 Posts
My Toyo AT3's did great last two weeks in the Rockies. Didn't get too deep, but they handled very well in <= 4-5"'s, hard pack, and ice. Only really deep snow was last spring when they had less than 200 miles on them and they handled great ... though they should have as they were brand new. Have 10K on them now. Likely, next October, during the CDRJ buy 3 get 1 for $1, I'll buy new snow tires for my extra rims and save on the Toyo's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts