Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a vendor that makes real wood trim replacements for our newer jeeps? I have a 2014 JGC Limited.

The plastic wood imitation pieces is the only thing on this vehicle's interior that make it look cheap in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
You can find the piece at the dealer or online but if you want them don't waste time waiting.

I priced out a set 8 months ago and they ran about $1,500 then I looked into it again last month and the price had gone up another $225 and that is for a 11-13 that has been out for a while.

MOPAR seems to keep adjusting their parts prices upwards.

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can find the piece at the dealer or online but if you want them don't waste time waiting.

I priced out a set 8 months ago and they ran about $1,500 then I looked into it again last month and the price had gone up another $225 and that is for a 11-13 that has been out for a while.

MOPAR seems to keep adjusting their parts prices upwards.
Which site? I ordered a few pieces through an online vendor and it was 30% better than what my dealer could do. Received the pieces within 5days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
From all the photos I have seen, it looks like the stick on pieces do not entirely cover the actual interior pieces, showing some of the old plastic color around the edges. Looks crappy IMHO. Also, I've looked at dozens of different interior wood "manufacturers" and they all sell the B&I kits.
I think CARiD is the only one that sells their own kit and it looks the best out of all (not saying it's good enough, just better than B&I).
One last thing that would make me not buy the kit at all. Their is no piece in any of the kits that attach to the instrument cluster bezel. So you spend almost 300 bucks on a kit but your instrument cluster bezel still looks like cheap gold painted plasticoid stuff.
I'm still looking around, but it doesn't look good people. Cheap looking crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.