Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So SRT owners, how many miles are you typically seeing out of a tank of gas? I’ll be mainly driving around town. Just curious

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 2017 with a Mopar CAI and Borla S type cat back. In SoCal traffic and city driving, I avearage 9 mpg... in Eco mode. On the open road and traffic free highways, I get about 16 mpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2017 with a Mopar CAI and Borla S type cat back. In SoCal traffic and city driving, I avearage 9 mpg... in Eco mode. On the open road and traffic free highways, I get about 16 mpg

Thanks. Any pics of the borla? How are you liking it? Likely my first mod. Axle or cat back?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I really like it, but haven’t really had a chance to compare to other sounds except online. It’s definitely louder than stock, but not overly so. It has a deep mellow rumble at idle and cruising, but really comes alive when you open it up. I really like the pops and barking when decelerating.

The big debate was ATAK vs S type. From what I heard, the ATAK is louder and raspier. I didn’t want too loud so I went S type.

My big debate originally was Borla vs Corsa. I had the Corsa on my WK1 and loved the sound. Reminded my of a European exotic, like a Maserati sound. I didn’t go Corsa on my WK2 because of the design/aesthetics. The system for the WK2 is way too busy out back. They have four cans hanging under the rear bumper.

I’d also go cat back. The axle back was designed for 2014 and older WK2s that had a flutter valve in the mid mufflers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I do like the look of the fat pipes. Based on what I’ve seen the s-type is the way to go. Looks like the cat back is $1800

1 - 9 of 9 Posts