Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I have been looking to install rear fog lights on my 16 WK2. After some research, it seems there are two kits that an installer can choose from.

1. FCA factory fog light kit - with 3 hour install time
2. Taillight Solutions fog light kit - with 15 minute install time

Besides the obvious differences in price and kit capabilities. I have yet to see anyone have any follow up on these kits after a few years of use. How have they been holding with weather, length of bulb burn, off roading, daily driving, etc.? Has anyone had any problems replacing bulbs, passing inspections, maintaining the kits?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I went with eBay set which look sorta like the taillights and no issues so far. Only been running a couple months. The FCA light kit only fits certain years for the wiring harness.

0 Tails-Fogs.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I went with eBay set which look sorta like the taillights and no issues so far. Only been running a couple months. The FCA light kit only fits certain years for the wiring harness.

I do like how your kit mirrors the WK2 rear lights (the C or horseshoe shape lighting). What is your kit called or do you have the link to them?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
This is the kit I'm running. I just used T-connectors at the wiring and Waterproof connectors at the lights.

Ebay link

Registered
'20 Trailhawk
I got the Taillight Solutions kit. Happy with the product, easy installation, and gives off that "look" I like. The only nit-picky issue I encountered is the left side light housing was just a smidge loose upon snapping it into place on the bumper. What I mean is it had just a very small amount of 'play' within the bumper (less than a mm). The right side snapped in nice and snug. I used a small pice of EVA foam I had laying around on the inside snap tab and it is tight now.

Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Stupid question, but are these always on when your tail lights are on, or just when your fog lights get turned on?

Looks great AV8TR

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I was driving today and saw, for the first time, a GC with these rear bumper fog lights. They looked great and I'm going to go with Taillight Solutions. I really like the plug and play design

Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
They look like this.

Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
I purchased a kit from a US seller on ebay last year and have been running them since with no issues. Only thing i did was lengthen the wires they came with. I also used Posi-Taps for a strong safer connection. These lights illuminate similar to the tail lights and also have a center led bulb that i did not connect. I simply wanted them for driving lights and not brake/ turn signal lights. They are bright enough to be seen but not blinding to the driver behind me. If i remember correctly i paid about $65 shipped.

Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Limited
This is the kit I'm running. I just used T-connectors at the wiring and Waterproof connectors at the lights.

Ebay link
I purchased a kit from a US seller on ebay last year and have been running them since with no issues. Only thing i did was lengthen the wires they came with. I also used Posi-Taps for a strong safer connection. These lights illuminate similar to the tail lights and also have a center led bulb that i did not connect. I simply wanted them for driving lights and not brake/ turn signal lights. They are bright enough to be seen but not blinding to the driver behind me. If i remember correctly i paid about $65 shipped.
CHeYeNNe71, not sure if your kit was different, but would you advise lengthening the wires, like JROSS024 had?

Also, did either of you need to do any fitting to get them installed?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Yes you'll definitely have to lengthen the wires. I picked up 3-wire on Amazon and used it. Mine fit with no issues.

Amazon 3 wire

Premium Member
Stupid question, but are these always on when your tail lights are on, or just when your fog lights get turned on?

Looks great AV8TR
Actually, the Taillight Solutions kit has two options:

The provided plug & play harness gives you brake & turn capability. If you t-tap one wire (also provided) to the existing taillight wiring on each side, you also get tail light function.

I hooked mine up with only brake & turn as I found that more noticeable, which was my goal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts