Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I built a simple rear cargo shelf, to have 2 levels of storage, I didn't build it for heavy loads just for light things. I used some good quality Russian 1/2" Baltic Birch 9 ply plywood from my local cabinet wood supplier, surprising only $50 compared with the 3 ply crap at HD and Lowes. I posted it on you tube titled Jeep WK2 rear cargo shelf, a short video, enjoy and build yourself one. 805gregg

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
People around here are lazy, you're supposed to post links haha

Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
Sorry, not that up on tech, thanks for posting the link
Be careful, that anvil might go flying in an accident!!! Seriously, that looks nice. Interesting Idea, My PT had a factory upper deck and it was really useful.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful, that anvil might go flying in an accident!!! Seriously, that looks nice. Interesting Idea, My PT had a factory upper deck and it was really useful.
My Liberty Kj had a steel one sturdily attached and I carried my hi lift jack on it, very useful, one of the reasons for this is I have a drawer slide unit I built for another vehicle and I will mount it on the drivers side and sleep on the passenger side,under the shelf.

Registered
I built a simple rear cargo shelf, to have 2 levels of storage, I didn't build it for heavy loads just for light things. I used some good quality Russian 1/2" Baltic Birch 9 ply plywood from my local cabinet wood supplier, surprising only $50 compared with the 3 ply crap at HD and Lowes. I posted it on you tube titled Jeep WK2 rear cargo shelf, a short video, enjoy and build yourself one. 805gregg
Very nice!

Tell me, what did you do to anchor the poles in the front slots?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I had a couple of pieces of 1/4" plastic, that I cut to the 1-1/4 rod dimension and screwed them in place, I just got back from a trip a little over 1000 miles in Az, I had a 20 qt refrigerator, some tools and my Smittybuilt compressor, it worked great, but had a little flex, so I will change out the rods for aluminum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I had a couple of pieces of 1/4" plastic, that I cut to the 1-1/4 rod dimension and screwed them in place, I just got back from a trip a little over 1000 miles in Az, I had a 20 qt refrigerator, some tools and my Smittybuilt compressor, it worked great, but had a little flex, so I will change out the rods for aluminum.
20210107_092046.jpg

Registered
Looks great. And I agree with what you said in the video. Someone should be making these for aftermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts