Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think rear cross-traffic alert is supposed to be disabled when towing a trailer (when trailer harness plugged in?). But when I tried backing a trailer, it kept auto-braking. Very annoying.
This is a 2018 Trailhawk.

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
68 Posts
You can turn off the park assist brake in the uconnect settings. I've turned mine off because certain things set it off that were a little frustrating to me. (snow... parking curbs)

·
Registered
838 Posts
The rear cross-traffic does not auto-brake, only the rear park assist does that.

Just use the button on the dash to turn off park assist when you hook up anything to the trailer hitch, then turn it back on when you disconnect...super easy. No need to disable auto-brake in the Uconnect settings, unless it gives you problems all the time like it seems to with some people (never had that problem myself).

·
Registered
2017 GC Trailhawk
255 Posts
You can turn off the park assist brake in the uconnect settings. I've turned mine off because certain things set it off that were a little frustrating to me. (snow... parking curbs)
My 2017 would brake when a leaf got in the way, I just ended up trimming the bush by the garage. Sometimes its crazy and sometimes i wish it would react sooner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts